IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRian
639 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 pm
...is 25 for the price of 1 not enough??? :D
It's not... which is why I went in three times for 75 for 3. And am considering a fourth (and final time) in these remaining days, for that full 100 for 4 feeling.

8)

KVRAF
4424 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:25 pm

I bought in 3 times at different price points, couldn't be happier, I got almost every available piece of IK software except for 16 bits of Amplitube gear, one more slot would have gotten me those including the X stomp boxes.

I might buy in again at a lower price point to pick up 12 of those last 16 but the X stomps will have to wait, (probably forever).

So long, and thanks for all the fish. :party:
Last edited by lotus2035 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
639 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:46 pm

I figure if they make the X-Stomps available as qualifiers in the next group buy (a year or two from now...), that'll be a great addition to whatever other new stuff they come up, and add to the deal... up to then.

The new tape machines would be a great starter for the next one. :D

KVRian
562 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:03 pm

FYI, I've updated my spreadsheet with the newly-available X-GEAR and AmpliTube 5 MAX bonus gear models. I didn't add any of the new hardware initial-purpose options since the spreadsheet is meant to help with picking freebies.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

To use: first, make a copy of the spreadsheet with File > Make a Copy (you'll need a Google account). On your copy, run through the list and click Owned on all the things you already own (including redundant things, like AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 Crossgrade). Then click the little arrow next to the funnel icon at the right of the toolbar (hover text says "Filter views"), and select "Not Owned". This will limit the view to the things you don't own yet. Now click "Want" for everything you might possibly be interested in. Go back to the Filter View menu and select the "Want to Get" view. This will limit the view to the things you want AND sort it in price order, so you can tell what level of initial purchase you need to make.

If you already have a copy of the earlier spreadsheet, you can cut-and-paste rows 160-193 over to your spreadsheet. Weirdly, you'll need to drag-select all the checkbox fields and then click Insert > Checkbox to make them show up as checkboxes again; can't explain that. You may also need to update the range of the saved views. It might be easier to just make a new copy of the spreadsheet and then cut-and-paste your "owned" and "want" columns over.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:31 pm

jrides wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:02 am
Bombadil wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 am
Truthfully,
There's a lot of overlap between the patches from 2.5xl and IK's newer stuff. B3 patches, piano, everything but the kitchen sink (that's Omnisphere). I still have it all as it was all converted to St3 files then imported into S4. There's still a lot of good stuff there. I still use the Chamberlin flute from Sampletron 1 in my template. The more interesting stuff for me is the ethnic stuff like Indian drones, and some woodwinds. The patches are also very small, so they load quickly and won't choke the system.
Sampletank 3: Just my ho, but I prefer it to S4.
But since there's so much overlap, I've thought of discarding the 2.5 stuff, but I won't.
I have a boatload of 2.5 stuff. Expansions and stuff I have never used. Was debating on just not installing any of that stuff at all. Still not sure if I will. Lean toward stuff with multiple articulations, velocity layers and round robins. Maybe I will check out some of the ethnic stuff though. Sample Tron 1… maybe give that a try.

The 2.5 platform was pure heaven for Mellotrons.

One secret... if you didn't already know, you don't even have to install the SampleTron program if you have any version of the ST 2.5 engine already installed. Just load the SampleTron library the same way you would any of the expansion libraries (copy the sounds to your library and let ST scan the updated library). Same thing goes for Sonik Synth and SampleMoog if you have them, and even the original Miroslav.

KVRAF
4424 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:36 pm

Hey Ceej, I used your spreadsheet a lot in the past few weeks, thanks for your efforts putting it together. :tu:

KVRist
438 posts since 18 Jan, 2013 from Canada

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:56 am

JJWL wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:55 am
I'm new to music and learning all about music software. I'm learning guitar and got in at the $200 and $100 levels.

I'm finding it overwhelming to figure out the entire software line. Other than Amplitube, what would be useful for creating simple songs in a classic rock style?
Modo Drums if you want a virtual drum
Modo Bass if you want a virtual bass
T-Racks if you want tools to mix and master your track
SampleTank if you want to add sampled instruments like Piano, violins, Synth etc...

KVRer
5 posts since 22 Dec, 2009

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:24 am

Hello,
if I buy Amplitube 5 SE for 149 Euro, do I get the upgrade to Amplitube 5 for free?
What is the AmpliTube 5 Crossgrade?
Thanks

KVRer
15 posts since 7 Nov, 2020

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:09 am

mauro05 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:24 am
Hello,
if I buy Amplitube 5 SE for 149 Euro, do I get the upgrade to Amplitube 5 for free?
Thanks
I don't think so. I bought 200 gear credits for $136 and used the credits to buy Amplitube 5. You get a discount when you buy credits and I also used a coupon code.

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:17 am

mauro05 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:24 am
Hello,
Thanks
No

KVRian
703 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:27 pm

What does it mean to have 10 authorizations? Do you regain them after deleting one or is the license just lost after 10 authorizations?
With 10 authorizations provided, you can easily move between machines as needed, adding and deleting authorizations as you go.
from ik the multimedia faq

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:41 pm

midi_transmission wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:27 pm
What does it mean to have 10 authorizations? Do you regain them after deleting one or is the license just lost after 10 authorizations?
With 10 authorizations provided, you can easily move between machines as needed, adding and deleting authorizations as you go.
from ik the multimedia faq

When you install the software, you then use the Product Manager to allow the program to run on that particular computer. That's an authorization. Having 10 authorizations means you can go through that process 10 times.

Note that if you make significant changes to your computer, the software involved might think it's on a different computer and make you authorize it again. That's why you get so many authorizations.

The good news is yes, you regain authorizations if you turn off the authorization (unauthorize) for your computer. And you don't even have to uninstall or delete anything to do it. Just run the Product Manager and click the Unauthorize button for that product, and the authorization is removed. That's really helpful when you are planning to make upgrades to a computer such as changing the CPU or moving to a new version of the OS - unauthorize everything first, make the changes to the computer, and then use Product Manager to authorize everything again.

KVRian
703 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Thanks for this precise explanation.

KVRist
74 posts since 9 May, 2018

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Does buying a Sampletank tier Upgrade (from SE to Standard) qualify for the group buy in ?

KVRAF
4272 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:58 pm

mfny wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:48 pm
Does buying a Sampletank tier Upgrade (from SE to Standard) qualify for the group buy in ?
Don't think so. Best to get into $199.99 tier through Gear Credits + JamPoints if you can (~ $112) and you can claim SampleTank Standard (Crossgrade/Upgrade) as a freebie.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”