Omnisphere2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

been wanting to buy this plugin for a while and i was just wondering, is it really worth the 500$ it costs?

It’s worth every nickel.

Yes

Psst. Heres a little secret. Buy from these guys:

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/spectra ... 598313-01/

Another schill thread?

No. It's not worth the $500.00 or even the $479.00 that most online retailers advertise it at. Which is the first tell of these schill threads from "first time" posters.
Depending on your wants/needs and goals though, it may be worth the discounted price that anyone can get with a little effort.
But there's as much or more unusable bloat in it as there are sounds you may find as "sine non qua".
Get to a store and demo it for yourself.
You're the one that'll have to live with the decision.

And beware of the "church".

BBFG# wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:04 pm Another schill thread?

No. It's not worth the $500.00 or even the $479.00 that most online retailers advertise it at. Which is the first tell of these schill threads from "first time" posters.
Depending on your wants/needs and goals though, it may be worth the discounted price that anyone can get with a little effort.
But there's as much or more unusable bloat in it as there are sounds you may find as "sine non qua".

I disagree with you but again I'm part of the church. :harp:

BBFG# wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:04 pm Another schill thread?

Completely wrong. Omnisphere 2 is dope with a great variety of sounds and tools. It's worth the price, no matter what level of production you're at.

For OP, you should look at the demoes others already have online, and see if it's what you're into. There's a combination of live instrumentation and vocals with electronic sounds.

:lol:
Perfect examples!

BBFG# wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 pm :lol:
Perfect examples!
I mean its ok to be wrong :wink:

At under $400, its absolutely worth the asking price for most people.

Jkist wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:28 pm
Perfect examples!

Well, at least a better value. I just don't understand why so many overpaid for it. (At least by their own implications.) Or if their sycophantry is caused by trying to justify that "paid full list plus a dollar" and demanding that everyone lay down to that juggernaut following.

It's a fine instrument. Worth and value is an independent decision. But the absolute worst thing about it IME has been the user community. Of which it seems less than 5% are rational.

You know, I never tried Omnisphere, but I can't believe something that costs 500$ is as worth as you purchasing at least 5 great synths with that money.

Jkist wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:28 pm
Perfect examples!

Okay then.. at least 3 or 4 great synths for that money :)

I have Omnisphere 2 and there are many special sounds that cannot be heard in other instruments
I think it's essential to be a professional producer.
but it's too expensive, hard to use.

version 2.8 has been released.
The vesrion 3 might be released soon..
Then we have to spend money on upgrading. :(
Maybe not.

Is it for you?

Return to “Instruments”