Roland Cloud Authorization Error

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My apologies for not posting this in the dedicated Roland Cloud thread. I just can't seem to find the thread when searching the forum for "Roland Cloud." Weird.

Anyway, I recently signed up for a monthly Premium Roland Cloud account which gives me access to all Roland Cloud instruments, expansion packs, and soundsets. Everything was working fine for the first couple of weeks. My free month of Premium access has not expired. But now when I attempt to launch the latest version of Cubase 11 with the Roland Cloud Zenology Pro plugin in my (Mac) VST3 folder, the following Roland Cloud dialog pops up:

Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected
Error connecting to Roland Cloud Manager service

I receive this same dialog when attempting to instantiate the Zenology Pro instrument from within Cubase. If I try to open the plugin window, I receive the same error dialog.

I tried logging out and logging back in to the Roland Cloud Manager application. But that didn't fix the problem.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Do not buy challenge/response protected software and stay away from Roland Cloud, this is my advice. If you want to solve your current problem: go and ask Roland.

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 am I tried logging out and logging back in to the Roland Cloud Manager application. But that didn't fix the problem.
Did you manage to login again from inside Roland Cloud Manager? That should be enough to reauthorize again.
Fernando (FMR)

Roland bad subscriptions bad.

AKJ wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 pm Do not buy challenge/response protected software
Just for the record there is a difference between a one time C/R connection for authorization and a need to be connected at all times for software to function.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 am Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected
Could that be a problem on Roland's side due to a service outage or ?

Error connecting could mean a problem on either end or anywhere in between. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

have a look in Activity Monitor to see if RCMService or Roland Cloud Manager are running and responding - my guess is that one of them isn't.

The sign-in method now involves signing in through the Internet Browser (another stupid move from Roland). Maybe that's the missing detail.

Just testee, and after signing in through the browser, the RCM opened and everything is OK.
Fernando (FMR)

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:47 pm
AKJ wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 pm Do not buy challenge/response protected software
Just for the record there is a difference between a one time C/R connection for authorization and a need to be connected at all times for software to function.
As far as I know, one does not need to be all the time connected with Roland Cloud ("just" once a week or so). But for me, even a one time CR authorization is something I like to avoid (and yes, it already happened to me that I can no longer use software I paid for because the company no more exits). I only buy C/R protected software if there is no equivalent competition.

I don't use the Roland Cloud for obvious reasons so don't know if it needs to be connected all the time or not just making the distinction between that and a one time C/R authorization.

I have never lost a C/R plugin in 20 years or at least not one I can remember or cared about.

I much prefer a one time C/R authorization to a copy protection scheme that requires me to install bloatware or buy a dongle just to authorize it. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:30 pm I don't use the Roland Cloud for obvious reasons so don't know if it needs to be connected all the time or not just making the distinction between that and a one time C/R authorization.

I have never lost a C/R plugin in 20 years or at least not one I can remember or cared about.

I much prefer a one time C/R authorization to a copy protection scheme that requires me to install bloatware or buy a dongle just to authorize it. :shrug:
I believe RC checks once a month now. Used to be once a week. Still shit.

Yes nothing wrong with C/R, seems to work flawlessly in my experience.

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 am My apologies for not posting this in the dedicated Roland Cloud thread. I just can't seem to find the thread when searching the forum for "Roland Cloud." Weird.

Anyway, I recently signed up for a monthly Premium Roland Cloud account which gives me access to all Roland Cloud instruments, expansion packs, and soundsets. Everything was working fine for the first couple of weeks. My free month of Premium access has not expired. But now when I attempt to launch the latest version of Cubase 11 with the Roland Cloud Zenology Pro plugin in my (Mac) VST3 folder, the following Roland Cloud dialog pops up:

Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected

I receive this same dialog when attempting to instantiate the Zenology Pro instrument from within Cubase. If I try to open the plugin window, I receive the same error dialog.

I tried logging out and logging back in to the Roland Cloud Manager application. But that didn't fix the problem.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
This happens sometimes on my system.
It was supposed to be fixed but not. I can only solve it by restarting the computer. RCM needs a real developer. It is horrible.

AKJ wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm As far as I know, one does not need to be all the time connected with Roland Cloud ("just" once a week or so).
It’s once every 30 days now. Still too often, but slightly better than before.
Stormchild

I have had some small issues here and there but nothing major, and the plugins always worked for me.

It would be one thing if you had to sign in once a month and it 100% worked every time, but I got the RCN error far too much. Odd that my credit card didn’t bounce on them every month, but their software did.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”