New Hybrid Synth/Sampler/ROMpler from TheSynthFactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, here we go - being used in anger.....this guy seems really quick to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvyRv5a0WM
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Hi,
Which waveforms do the three subtractive synth OSCs have?
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

strovoknights wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:10 am Hi,
Which waveforms do the three subtractive synth OSCs have?
OK well its a fairly simple question but its a fairly complex answer:

First each subtractive synth voice isn't actually a single oscillator, it two matched oscillators - so technically there are 6 synth voices...but they are paired up, and the output from the pair is a (variable) mix of these siblings..

In V1.0 of HoriZEN each of these siblings uses a fixed waveform dependent upon the preset they are being used in. These are fixed but from this list of options:

- Sine
- Square
- Saw
- Triangle
- Noise
- Triangle 2
- Square 2
- Trapezoid 1
- Trapezoid 2

The V2 shapes have slight different harmonics in them.

- There are a set of "TEMPLATE" presets that allow you to select combinations of these shapes.

And before any one asks, yes: user selection of oscillator shapes and the mix amount is on the road map - prob. V1.1, but no promises.

Lind0n wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:33 pm And before any one asks, yes: user selection of oscillator shapes and the mix amount is on the road map - prob. V1.1, but no promises.
Well now I have to ask....I assume the content for the four sample Oscs is selected in the corners of the XY pad area based on the left/right arrows and hopefully a drop down menu as well.

So in order to select the waveforms for the VA Oscs one must start with a template at least for now ? That isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as there are enough templates to cover all the bases.

Can we start by selecting a VA template and then add sample Oscs to the patch?

I'm starting to worry that based on what has been written in this thread HoriZEN is more aimed at patch tweakers rather than patch creators which is fine but I'm the latter not the former.

Oh well I guess we'll know in four days. Still really looking forward to giving the demo a go. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 pm
Lind0n wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:33 pm And before any one asks, yes: user selection of oscillator shapes and the mix amount is on the road map - prob. V1.1, but no promises.
Well now I have to ask....I assume the content for the four sample Oscs is selected in the corners of the XY pad area based on the left/right arrows and hopefully a drop down menu as well.
Yes - if you watch the video from the youTuber above you can see him selecting sampler voice contents, but you can scroll forwards and backwards thru the voices and if you click on the voice name it pops this window:

So a lot more than a "drop down"
So in order to select the waveforms for the VA Oscs one must start with a template at least for now ? That isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as there are enough templates to cover all the bases.
yes theres a fair few - if theres not enough its easy for us to generate more and put them in your account
Can we start by selecting a VA template and then add sample Oscs to the patch?
yes.
I'm starting to worry that based on what has been written in this thread HoriZEN is more aimed at patch tweakers rather than patch creators which is fine but I'm the latter not the former.

Oh well I guess we'll know in four days. Still really looking forward to giving the demo a go. :tu:
We are hoping to hit a happy middle point that satisfies both tweakers and builders, and as we've said we are holding off on V1.1. details until we get feedback from early users about what they want the most.

Lind0n wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:08 pm So a lot more than a "drop down"
That is excellent. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OK, less than 4 days to go...dont forget to sign up for discounts, release day skin and extra content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy8D_t71DpM

Last 2 days!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

15 Hours to go! :hyper:

I'll be in bed before the release and I have jury duty tomorrow morning...... :(

Oh well looking forward to trying the demo hopefully tomorrow afternoon. :tu:

Reminds me of FL GUI

Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 pm I have jury duty tomorrow morning
Wow, that screening process has some serious flaws :lol:

I guess they'll take anybody with a pulse..... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:59 pm I guess they'll take anybody with a pulse..... :shrug:
when i do jury duty, i just alternate between guilty and not guilty for each case.
cant be arsed listening to all that chatting about what happened, dont care, wasnt there. just give me the free sandwiches!

Come to think of it I wouldn't want me on my jury. :?

Being on a jury isn't bad it's waiting in the pool. I sat for eight hours once and never got called.

Last time I did get picked for a jury and that was interesting. I was working at the time and my employer paid us for being on jury duty so I hoped it went on for weeks. :lol:

I have to call after 5pm to see if my pool is needed tomorrow but knowing my luck it will be. If I could just show up, get on a jury, yell guilty and go home it wouldn't be bad but I don't fancy sitting all day in a packed room in the days of the 'rona.

tbh, i dont have to do it, got myself took off the register for mental health issues.
really didnt fancy sending someone to prison, then going to get the bus home with all their family and friends :scared:

my current missus nearly got on the jamie bulger case, that kind of thing would haunt me forever having to look at that kind of evidence.

hurry up and release the thing, before tek tells me ive gone off topic :lol:

Return to “Instruments”