Instrumental / EDM / One Synth Challenge / Fullbucket Whispair - Take the blue pill finally

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Music-Caferians,

hope you're all doing well. I want share my submission to the One Synth Challenge #152 featuring Fullbuckets Whispair with you: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/take ... ll-finally 💊

Let me know what you think ... please give it a few seconds in the begining. I deliberately used a rather simplified intro to contrast the more punchy/dancable parts. So if you are not patient enough jump to the 30 second mark and skip the "boring" intro...

About the Synth - Whispair is a quite capable free wavetable synth by fullbucket. It won the kvr developer challenge 2021. Before you jump on the train - why not check out Vital which is extremelly fun as well and in my eyes no less capable...

As usual, excellent stuff from you. Tell me, how do you get such a punchy kick from a conventional synth? I can never do it and have stopped trying, using only drum samples now and dedicated drum synths and/or machines.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the listen. And none of it was boring.

Many thanks Steven ...

After listening again I figured that I did too much with the basedrum. It's really hard to to get a synth-basedrum right when using only one instance for it. In the "original" version I 'm a fraid it was too much hights. I felt I get ear fatigue after listening to a it after a while. That's a clear sign that it has to many hights ... And adding to much hights to make something shine through is often a mixing problem. So I went back to work on the mix - reduced the pieving hights on the bdr and on the other hand did little more sidechain ducking to the other instruments to make space for the bdr...

I listened to this about 1 week ago. Listening again now, I think the kick sounds better, with more apparent power in the lower frequencies.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:11 am I listened to this about 1 week ago. Listening again now, I think the kick sounds better, with more apparent power in the lower frequencies.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic1!
Good to read the effort was worth it. Often "mixing" sessions which try to correct errors of previous mixing session often make things worse. And I'm really prone to this type of futile attempts to correct things ;-)

This is most enjoyable! So many enjoyable twists and turns along the way. The mix sounded great to my ears.

Frantz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:37 am This is most enjoyable! So many enjoyable twists and turns along the way. The mix sounded great to my ears.
Many thanks, Frantz, for your nice feedback. :tu:

BTW - Did I miss your latest tracks? Last release on Soundcloud was 6 months ago ... we need more Fragile Gods tracks!

This is fun.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:17 am BTW - Did I miss your latest tracks? Last release on Soundcloud was 6 months ago ... we need more Fragile Gods tracks!
There will be a new song ready perhaps later this month. I just need to find the time and energy to finalize the mix and sound design. Thanks for your interest. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”