New Hybrid Synth/Sampler/ROMpler from TheSynthFactory

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
2002 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from ..from.. from.. FROM

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:15 am

zeph wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:33 pm
This has just dropped - @ 230 GBP :o :o :o Seems overpriced !!!!!!!


:o WOW!!! Yeah, that's pricey. Also...




hmmmmm.jpg

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

254 posts since 2 Feb, 2005 from UK

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:19 am

Please see our previous post - its £129.99 - please check the site.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

User avatar
KVRAF
2002 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from ..from.. from.. FROM

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 am

Lind0n wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:19 am
Please see our previous post - its £129.99 - please check the site.
Still too pricey for what I'm looking at, IMHO (that's roughly $179 USD). You're competing with things like VPS Avenger, which is far more developed, has much more industry support, and arguably has a much nicer to look at GUI/UX. Good luck, though! Hopefully you'll take something away from the feedback you got in this thread. :tu:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

KVRist
321 posts since 24 Sep, 2012

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:01 am

Lind0n wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:19 am
Please see our previous post - its £129.99 - please check the site.
I think that is a lot more reasonable for this. I'll at least try the demo at that price. Thanks for taking the criticism well.

User avatar
KVRAF
2132 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:38 am

I understand the price price tag on this synth isn't what some people here had in mind. I, myself, was hoping for around $99-129, so this isn't going to be an insta buy for me, even though I like what I have seen so far. However, I don't see the reason for the reactions from certain individuals on this forum, it's not like anyone has insulted your mother or stolen your bike. It's £129.99, deal with it by buying or not buying, it is as simple as that.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

KVRist
134 posts since 12 Nov, 2020

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:41 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:40 am
tbh, i dont have to do it, got myself took off the register for mental health issues.
really didnt fancy sending someone to prison, then going to get the bus home with all their family and friends :scared:

my current missus nearly got on the jamie bulger case, that kind of thing would haunt me forever having to look at that kind of evidence.


hurry up and release the thing, before tek tells me ive gone off topic :lol:
At least six posts discussing Teksonik's forthcoming 'jury duty' in a row. Wonderful. And from the usual people who spend all day, every day, on here, with tens of thousands of (presumably useless) posts.

Back to the topic: what is everyone hearing on this synth that is so amazing? It doesn't sound any better than Sylenth1, or Zebra2, or Spire, or Serum, so why is it worth buying rather than one of those? For £129.99 I wouldn't even bother downloading a demo. That's a ridiculous price, and now that I've read the last few pages (before Teksonik's jury duty nonsense, and why he is so obsessed with this (obviously not particularly groundbreaking) synth is beyond me), and seen that they were originally asking £299 for it, this is beyond a joke!
Last edited by BenfordLaw on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
134 posts since 12 Nov, 2020

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:42 am

DJErmac wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:53 am
If the price is between $99 and $129, no hesitation for me with a 30% intro price, seems like a beast. If the price is above, yes, I’ll be looking in depth...
How could you say "seems like a beast" after that ONE very short, very bad video on page 1? WTF?

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86014 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am

BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:41 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:40 am
tbh, i dont have to do it, got myself took off the register for mental health issues.
really didnt fancy sending someone to prison, then going to get the bus home with all their family and friends :scared:

my current missus nearly got on the jamie bulger case, that kind of thing would haunt me forever having to look at that kind of evidence.


hurry up and release the thing, before tek tells me ive gone off topic :lol:
At least six posts discussing Teksonik's forthcoming 'jury duty' in a row. Wonderful. And from the usual people who spend all day, every day, on here, with tens of thousands of (presumably useless) posts.

you could just use the foe function, then you wouldn't see any of them.
or you could whine like a child about it, your decision.

KVRist
134 posts since 12 Nov, 2020

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am
BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:41 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:40 am
tbh, i dont have to do it, got myself took off the register for mental health issues.
really didnt fancy sending someone to prison, then going to get the bus home with all their family and friends :scared:

my current missus nearly got on the jamie bulger case, that kind of thing would haunt me forever having to look at that kind of evidence.


hurry up and release the thing, before tek tells me ive gone off topic :lol:
At least six posts discussing Teksonik's forthcoming 'jury duty' in a row. Wonderful. And from the usual people who spend all day, every day, on here, with tens of thousands of (presumably useless) posts.

you could just use the foe function, then you wouldn't see any of them.
or you could whine like a child about it, your decision.
Or you could stop posting personal conversations on a public forum? You are one of the main people who do this all the time, which is probably why you have tens of thousands of posts... I don't use the foe function because unlike some, I'm not a bedwetter who is terrified of reading something I don't agree with...

Let's hope Teksonik buys Horizen! And you too, Vurt!

Can you explain what exactly you thought was so great about this synth, Teksonik? Why would anybody bother bringing out something like this at this point in time, when the market is already saturated with wonderful, well established synths? Developers are always pleading poverty and then we see endless new synths coming out, which are clearly no better than anything already existing, and people start salivating about them as if they are the Second Coming.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86014 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:53 am

BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am
BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:41 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:40 am
tbh, i dont have to do it, got myself took off the register for mental health issues.
really didnt fancy sending someone to prison, then going to get the bus home with all their family and friends :scared:

my current missus nearly got on the jamie bulger case, that kind of thing would haunt me forever having to look at that kind of evidence.


hurry up and release the thing, before tek tells me ive gone off topic :lol:
At least six posts discussing Teksonik's forthcoming 'jury duty' in a row. Wonderful. And from the usual people who spend all day, every day, on here, with tens of thousands of (presumably useless) posts.

you could just use the foe function, then you wouldn't see any of them.
or you could whine like a child about it, your decision.
Or you could stop posting personal conversations on a public forum? You are one of the main people who do this all the time, which is probably why you have tens of thousands of posts... I don't use the foe function because unlike some, I'm not a bedwetter who is terrified of reading something I don't agree with...
then that's your choice :tu:

i haven't changed in 18 years of being here, you aren't going to change it.
best to just ignore me :)

Banned
203 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:55 am

Teksonik wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:41 am
I am disappointed by the quality and scope of the samples. Take the vocal samples for example. Unless something went wrong with my installation (but the .ch1 files do add up to 6 gigs) there is only one voice type. I was expecting female and male ooohs and ahhhs, mixed choirs etc but there seems to be only one male voice with different inflections.
Thank you for being Kvr's crash test dummy. :)
Expectations can ruin a good day.
Just some more snake oil then?

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86014 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 am

i know you specified tek, but for me, i like sample based stuff, that allows me to take common sounds and twist them in to a new space, so they are recognisable but different, for films and such. this adds an element of strangeness to scenes.

so im always on the lookout for new tools for that, i did have hopes for this or soundpaint, but it seems neither adds to what i already have.
maybe with the import update for sp?

User avatar
Rad Grandad
34877 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:16 am

BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am
BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:41 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:40 am
tbh, i dont have to do it, got myself took off the register for mental health issues.
really didnt fancy sending someone to prison, then going to get the bus home with all their family and friends :scared:

my current missus nearly got on the jamie bulger case, that kind of thing would haunt me forever having to look at that kind of evidence.


hurry up and release the thing, before tek tells me ive gone off topic :lol:
At least six posts discussing Teksonik's forthcoming 'jury duty' in a row. Wonderful. And from the usual people who spend all day, every day, on here, with tens of thousands of (presumably useless) posts.

you could just use the foe function, then you wouldn't see any of them.
or you could whine like a child about it, your decision.
Or you could stop posting personal conversations on a public forum? You are one of the main people who do this all the time, which is probably why you have tens of thousands of posts... I don't use the foe function because unlike some, I'm not a bedwetter who is terrified of reading something I don't agree with...

Let's hope Teksonik buys Horizen! And you too, Vurt!

Can you explain what exactly you thought was so great about this synth, Teksonik? Why would anybody bother bringing out something like this at this point in time, when the market is already saturated with wonderful, well established synths? Developers are always pleading poverty and then we see endless new synths coming out, which are clearly no better than anything already existing, and people start salivating about them as if they are the Second Coming.
well sir, you are wrong...let me tell you a not so secret secret about vurt...he is a master of helping to turn things around in threads that go wrong with a quick snip, personal bit or whatever...frankly I very much appreciate how he often runs interference to help the members as well as us and while I cant speak for other mods I am quite confident they feel the same way.

On another note, there are members (one in particular) who cerdit/blame me ( :hihi: ) for bringing a personal aspect to the forum. You see KvR is a community.
Words are a barrier to help-seeking and a motivator for making discrimination acceptable.
If there is a direction to mankind, it ought to be a coming together Brian May

AnX
KVRAF
10138 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 am

BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am

Or you could stop posting personal conversations on a public forum?
Or you could not read them
BenfordLaw wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:49 am
I don't use the foe function because unlike some, I'm not a bedwetter who is terrified of reading something I don't agree with...
But you are more than happy to moan like a bitch instead of ignoring the posts....

Banned
203 posts since 13 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:39 am

Hink wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:16 am


On another note, there are members (one in particular) who cerdit/blame me ( :hihi: ) for bringing a personal aspect to the forum. You see KvR is a community.
I read a thread where you did bring personal things to the table, jancivil was involved, where you gave up vital info involving you parting with cash to help out jancivil and things exploded thereafter. lol
For a Mod you sure end up in a lot of scrapes and your fair share of agro :)

Return to “Instruments”