WIN Busuyi Double-Neck Guitar

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I'm not affiliated with Busuyi, but I did a review on one of its guitars, and the owner liked it enough to have a contest (I created a short video on the details and am posting it). I am not being paid for this, but as a fun project to help (MODERATORS: Do delete if I'm stepping out of bounds with this thread). Information and rules below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZWXGTAsdG0

Rules are simple. You have upward of 90-seconds to impress. Video yourself playing a cover or original composition, playing any two stringed-instruments (bass, rhythm, lead, acoustic, nylon classical, 6-string, 12-string... you get the idea). You can use split screen, or alternate between the two images, add some exciting effects or props, it's up to you. Only one entry per person. Any genre of music, e.g., country, rock, metal, classical, pop, etc. Upload your video to YouTube (or other video site) and post your link on the Busuyi Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VeeRes17 The Busuyi community will judge the entrants on video creativity, playing skill, etc. Contest closes November 25, 2021. The winner can choose from one of 5 Busuyi double-neck/double-sided guitars. https://busuyiguitar.com/

One month to go... who's entering?

I'm sorry dude, I am really not this way...um no thank you, interesting concept, but imo in no way sensible...I would love to see the belt buckle scars on the front from the back that is the front...not to keen on replacing mini switches on electrics all the time which would be a problem flipping guitars around with said switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zOsihY56f8

this is cool for about a minute but then I realize how absolutely gimmicky and problematic a concept this is...you know people actually like to each have their own guitar right? :hihi:...it's also kinda nice to have two different guitars for contrast from the different characteristics of the instrument, not to mention the sound actually sounds 100's of percent better when the sounds are not competing in the same enclosed space trying to squeeze out sound holes that dont even face the audience and are not spread out some for separation like multiple guitars would be. (ironically it's called acoustics)

Myself a double neck would be a 6/12 or 2 6's with different tunings, not for a gimmicky show like this but for being practical onstage. I have toyed with building one, however perhaps this might go over better with buskers, the kind of gimmick that holds one attention for a few minutes is perfect for the street :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i imagine rather than scratching it with the belt buckle, you go to put it down, or turn it over, and your belt buckle is tangled in the strings.
or in your pubes if you play naked :o

i love mary btw, shes a great yt presenter :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:19 pm i imagine rather than scratching it with the belt buckle, you go to put it down, or turn it over, and your belt buckle is tangled in the strings.
or in your pubes if you play naked :o
there was a comment on fb that said something like "now I know what they use to smash speakers with" :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:53 pm I'm sorry dude, I am really not this way...um no thank you, interesting concept, but imo in no way sensible...I would love to see the belt buckle scars on the front from the back that is the front...not to keen on replacing mini switches on electrics all the time which would be a problem flipping guitars around with said switches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zOsihY56f8

this is cool for about a minute but then I realize how absolutely gimmicky and problematic a concept this is...you know people actually like to each have their own guitar right? :hihi:...it's also kinda nice to have two different guitars for contrast from the different characteristics of the instrument, not to mention the sound actually sounds 100's of percent better when the sounds are not competing in the same enclosed space trying to squeeze out sound holes that dont even face the audience and are not spread out some for separation like multiple guitars would be. (ironically it's called acoustics)

Myself a double neck would be a 6/12 or 2 6's with different tunings, not for a gimmicky show like this but for being practical onstage. I have toyed with building one, however perhaps this might go over better with buskers, the kind of gimmick that holds one attention for a few minutes is perfect for the street :shrug:
Hey, if you don't want to enter. Most people play sitting down, and so, there's not much to worry about buckle rash. And you do realize they were having fun by sharing the guitar in the video, right? I never played a Busuyi acoustic, and so, I will not form an opinion on the sound, but there's no competition for sound as there's wood that separates the two chambers. It's not a fully open system. The contest was all in fun, and then you have this.

then you have what? An honest opinion? The contest is for the purpose of advertising and it aint for me and frankly I cant really take it serious. But there are other considerations for me, sorry...not buying any acoustic guitar with a plywood/laminate top, just not happening. I have a couple guitars I have built, one has a wizard profile neck. about .800" thick...a joy to play...but this?

sorry if it offends you, it just cant be taken seriously imo...worse case scenario I am just drawing more attention to the contest :shrug:

Hink wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:54 am then you have what? An honest opinion? The contest is for the purpose of advertising and it aint for me and frankly I cant really take it serious. But there are other considerations for me, sorry...not buying any acoustic guitar with a plywood/laminate top, just not happening. I have a couple guitars I have built, one has a wizard profile neck. about .800" thick...a joy to play...but this?

sorry if it offends you, it just cant be taken seriously imo...worse case scenario I am just drawing more attention to the contest :shrug:
Any contest if for advertising purposes... what world do you live in? I suppose when any guitar company (Kiesel, Gibson, Fender, etc.) has a contest, they're hoping to do worse business, lol. I only have solid body from this company, and so... no, I cannot form an opinion on the acoustics, but can the electrics. First hand experience vs. talking. And no one is asking you to BUY anything. The thread is about a competition with YOUR OWN GEAR, and if you win, you don't have to select anything with plywood. Geesh!

well I am not criticizing the contest, it is advertising, it is a new concept, it's part of the business world and being online...if a company advertises but doesnt wanted to hear honest feedback that is negative something is wrong imo. You say you are not affiliated with the company, great, this was posted in the guitar forum on KvR, it is therefore open to discussion. I am not being offensive, it is a unique concept and trust me others will disagree with me, it's a forum. I am not sure why you are so defensive.

One of the things we typically get reports on is posts strictly advertising for another site, if you do not wish an open discussion about the guitars then it would seem his would be the case? I opt for the former.

The point is, I dont like the guitars...so? That doesnt mean they are no good or I think this is a bad topic, or a bad thing and I would like to see the conversation continued, I am curious what others have to say and I dont want to lock it or delete it like you suggest.

http://www.visionaryinstruments.com/

Check them out, one of their founding members is a man named Ben. If you ask Ben who got him his first start in the industry, I worked with him in a small mom/pop music store in Davis Sq just outside of Boston. I left that store to go to MARs music, our luthier quit, they asked me but frankly I enjoyed working in my department but I called Ben. He contacted me to share this company with me and really to thank me, I dont like the guitars...I think it's gimmicky :shrug: if he came up to Maine to visit (he and a good friend FOH engineer from Boston did pre-covid with PHISH tickets, but I was not home) we would get mellow, I would likely tease him with things like "you see this? This is a guitar pick up, it goes in a guitar. This is tv it goes in your entertainment center". But there is no ill will :shrug: (I might go through one of my parts drawers repeating this throughout the day, "this is a pot and no you cant smoke it")

Back in the day my very best friend in the world (at the time) bought a Les paul and had it modified with a system called Transperformance, self tuning guitar to the max...Jimmy Page has one, they only made 40 as I recall...I thought it was ridiculous to spend 5k for a guitar that tunes itself, sure it had a midi foot switch, a microprocessor and could access 1,200 tunings in 1/4 second...I thought it was gimmicky.

Discussion is not a bad thing, it's kind of what forums are about. I do really believe in people trying new things, even if they are not for me...trust me others will disagree with me :hihi:

Sorry, I didn't read everything, but every giveaway, contest, promotion and discount on this site is in the hopes of increasing exposure. Have a good one!

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 pm Sorry, I didn't read everything,
:golfclap:
but every giveaway, contest, promotion and discount on this site is in the hopes of increasing exposure.
except for the occasional “I bought this and it turns out I have no use for it, who wants it for free?”
Have a good one!
Consider this post a friendly bump for your contest.*

Anyway re:gimmick; there's always something better

*if this thread had no comments it would already have been forgotten, like every other thread about it on every other forum

CoolGuitarGear wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 pm Sorry, I didn't read everything, but every giveaway, contest, promotion and discount on this site is in the hopes of increasing exposure. Have a good one!
you should have read my post...we get reports of things strictly advertising for other sites...you not reading my post is a concern.

Hink wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 pm
CoolGuitarGear wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 pm Sorry, I didn't read everything, but every giveaway, contest, promotion and discount on this site is in the hopes of increasing exposure. Have a good one!
you should have read my post...we get reports of things strictly advertising for other sites...you not reading my post is a concern.
Time is short... if you read my original post, that it's a contest (not a discussion on a particular instrument), then be concerned for yourself investing the time you did. Have a good one!

so then this post is only for the purpose of advertising another site? TY

EDIT: technically we delete spam, I am not an ass so I'll just lock it for the duration so it still get exposure and delete it when the contest is done. It wouldnt be spam if you were open to discussion...you are not

Return to “Guitars”