IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7538 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:15 am

EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am

I had been mulling over getting the iRig MIDI 2 for a while. I don't need any more group buy choices at this point, but I gave in and ordered it today anyway.

I'll use it with an Alesis QS 8.1 that I've had since 1998 that I still love - the hammer action on that keyboard is hard to beat.

Ironically, Erik Norlander (the guy in the IK videos for the Elektromagnetik and Cinekinetic collections) was teaming with Alesis back then and was part of creating the sound set in the QS 8.1.

Worth mentioning again: if anyone is looking for a $79.99 entry point for the Group Buy, the iRig MIDI 2 has a lot going for it - even if you have zero need for an old school MIDI interface.

I spelled it out in detail before, so this time around the short version is you get SampleTank 4 SE (normally $149 by itself), 25 gear credits, 24 group buy choices at the $79.99 level, SampleTank 3 SE (which you can use to import ST 2 libraries so that you can then load them into ST 4), and some extra stuff for the iPad/iPhone apps, if you use them. Oh... and a MIDI interface, if anyone besides me still uses them...

KVRian
507 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:37 pm

progtronic wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Looks like you have the Deluxe version available... if you pick that up and install it, it will install Memory-V as well... because technically, you just "bought" it, along with the rest of the bundle.

Regarding the T-03... You can assign an external midi control to things like the filter and resonance. Change that assignment to an unused CC (right click knob and select "MIDI Assignments"), then target that particular CC and automate it with your DAW. Definitely helps get it closer to sounding like the real thing.

Also remember to tweak the "CONTROLLERS" section of the instrument. Select LEG 2 and set the PORTA to around 40, for more authentic, pitchy weirdness when you slur notes together. The Saw and Square "Full Variable" patches, with the filter and amp envelopes set to '0 decay' and '100 sustain', will give you a solid starting point.
Many thanks! :) I'm getting there. I appreciate you taking the time to post. Cheers. :)

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:43 pm

InsertNameHere wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:45 pm
Asked IK support for help, but haven’t heard back so hoping someone here might be able to help. Owned Syntronik (regular) and added Memory-V & M-Poly as group buy choices, but I cant seem to get them to show up in the Syntronik plugin. Any ideas?
Things I have done to get IK stuff recognized:

Custom shop "restore purchases"
Rescan directories in both SampleTank and Syntronik.
If you have another DAW, load it up there and rescan.
Input registration #. Did you copy # from the left? Try the right.
Also had to MANUALLY input the registration number once. I'm not kidding.
Reboot.
Good luck. :)

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:48 pm

torgo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:11 am
If you do crave those exact machines, without a doubt the IK engineers have emulated them in perfect and painstaking detail, right down to the differences in recording speeds and the choice of different tapes.
So, torgo.. you work for IK, yeah? :-P

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:13 pm

festeringheap wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:48 pm
torgo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:11 am
If you do crave those exact machines, without a doubt the IK engineers have emulated them in perfect and painstaking detail, right down to the differences in recording speeds and the choice of different tapes.
So, torgo.. you work for IK, yeah? :-P
Lol... just giving them due credit for doing their homework in a post that otherwise says you really don't need the tape machine effects in the first place.

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 pm

One other area where I need to give them due credit... I've noted before that there are no large Steinway piano sets for ST4. I should note that the "Grand Piano 1" from SampleTank 3 is almost certainly Steinway.

There was a good version of it in SampleTank 3 SE, but in SampleTank 4 SE they took out the larger instrument version and only included the smaller "SE" version of it, instead putting the focus on the C7 Grand that is new for ST4. That's fair enough - you want ST4 SE to showcase ST4, not ST3. The larger versions are included in the main ST4 and ST4 Max.

KVRian
562 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:05 am

Aiiiee! The GROOVE3IKM coupon no longer works on IK's site! Very sad...
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRist
226 posts since 9 Mar, 2011

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:26 am

torgo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:56 am
I had been mulling over getting the iRig MIDI 2 for a while. I don't need any more group buy choices at this point, but I gave in and ordered it today anyway.

I'll use it with an Alesis QS 8.1 that I've had since 1998 that I still love - the hammer action on that keyboard is hard to beat.

Ironically, Erik Norlander (the guy in the IK videos for the Elektromagnetik and Cinekinetic collections) was teaming with Alesis back then and was part of creating the sound set in the QS 8.1.

Worth mentioning again: if anyone is looking for a $79.99 entry point for the Group Buy, the iRig MIDI 2 has a lot going for it - even if you have zero need for an old school MIDI interface.

I spelled it out in detail before, so this time around the short version is you get SampleTank 4 SE (normally $149 by itself), 25 gear credits, 24 group buy choices at the $79.99 level, SampleTank 3 SE (which you can use to import ST 2 libraries so that you can then load them into ST 4), and some extra stuff for the iPad/iPhone apps, if you use them. Oh... and a MIDI interface, if anyone besides me still uses them...
I'm thankful for your mentioning this. I bought an Ipad Pro in 2017 with the idea of replication my studio software on it so I could create away from home. So far its been a waste of time as I'm coming from a PC to Mac world. Since my motto is "when stuck, try harder" I think I will buy in with the IRig but I have lots of questions. One main question is , If I buy at $80 I can only get 24 $80 of less items...how to get around this. Can Jam Points do anything?

KVRian
562 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:08 am

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:26 am
I'm thankful for your mentioning this. I bought an Ipad Pro in 2017 with the idea of replication my studio software on it so I could create away from home. So far its been a waste of time as I'm coming from a PC to Mac world. Since my motto is "when stuck, try harder" I think I will buy in with the IRig but I have lots of questions. One main question is , If I buy at $80 I can only get 24 $80 of less items...how to get around this. Can Jam Points do anything?
Not really, no. You can use Jampoints to lower the price of the iRig itself, but your freebies will still be $80 or less. The only way to get higher-value freebies is to make a higher-value purchase.

The iRig Pro I/O or iRig Pro Duo I/O (audio and MIDI interfaces) would get you in at $150 / $200, and they come with a pretty nice set of software themselves on top of the Group Buy (AmpliTube 5 SE + AmpliTube 4, SampleTank 4 SE, T-RackS 4 Deluxe...). $200 is really where it's at, since that unlocks the crossgrade prices for MODO Bass/Drum, Hammond, MixBox, full versions of AmpliTube 5 and SampleTank 4, SampleTron, Syntronik..
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:19 am

Ceej wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:18 pm
festeringheap wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:18 am
Ceej wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:05 pm
festeringheap wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:09 am
I have a few 99 tier freebies available to throw into the free Syntronik shell.

Any recommendations on individual Syntronik synths that are worth getting?
Also, look closely at your list of available freebies - a fair number of us found "Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade" in the $99 tier even though technically we shouldn't have qualified for it. If it's there, that'd get you all 22 instruments.
Hmmmmm....It appears that I do have a Deluxe Upgrade buried amongst all the other Syntroniks. Maybe it's there because I didn't use the free Memory-V?

It looks like Deluxe is 80GB? How does the download work for that?
Do I download a huge multi-part file that installs all the synths in one go? Or can you download individual synths as needed?
You can download each of the synths individually in the Product Manager. Remember if you don't download them all in 180 days, you'd need to pay $7 to unlock the downloads again, so you might wanna just grab 'em all and save then somewhere even if you don't necessarily want them all.
Thanks. And thanks for the heads-up on the crossgrade. I did grab the Deluxe and am really glad to see individual synths available. :) I had heard that it was one big download, but maybe I misread and the one big download was SampleTank.

KVRAF
9996 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:29 am

Getting there:

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 am

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:26 am

Another question... are you looking for hardware to help get audio or MIDI into your iPad? Or are you just looking for group buy choices?

I first mentioned the MIDI 2 because at that point several people were looking for entries in the $49 or $79 range to get SampleTank libraries and the Custom Shop extras in Amplitube. (There are 10 amps and 11 stomp effects that aren't in any of the other Amplitube sets, plus 7 matching cabinets for the amps and 2 microphones.) I had been looking to buy the MIDI 2 myself because I want to use the hardware. Then I noticed that it came with 25 gear credits and realized that it might also be interesting for someone ONLY looking for extra group buy choices. (You get in at the $79 level rather than the $49 level, and getting the 25 gear credits cuts the net cost.)

If you're looking for hardware to help get sound/data into the iPad, make sure you understand what you're getting. The MIDI 2 is not something that most people would need.

Nearly all MIDI controllers sold today are USB-based. You wouldn't need a MIDI interface to connect them to your computer or iOS device - all you need is the right cable. A MIDI interface like the MIDI 2 is for connecting older hardware synths or other MIDI devices that don't have USB. It won't help for USB-based MIDI devices (you simply don't need it) or with audio signals (it's the wrong device for that).

If you're looking to turn an iPad into a studio tool, take a good look at the Pro Duo I/O instead. Ceej mentioned it above. It costs $199, which is steep. But as Ceej pointed out, $199 is the best entry point for getting all of the big ticket items in this group buy. It does come with 25 gear credits.

As far as hardware goes, it's a good choice to be the one single device you would use. For audio inputs, it uses combo connectors - you can plug in a high end microphone (which typically use XLR connectors) or a guitar or a line level source (same type of plug as a guitar but different impedance levels). The combo connector lets you plug in any of those types of cables.

With two inputs you can connect and record or process two separate devices at once (guitar and mic, for example). If you actually do need a MIDI connection, it has that too.

Something that might mean more to you than most others: it also comes with a lot of iOS app bonuses. It unlocks the Pro Bundle for iRig Recorder, the Amplitube Essentials bundle for the iOS version of Amplitube, and 48 extra instruments for the iOS version of SampleTank. I don't use the iPad myself, so I don't know how much those things would ordinarily cost.

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:58 am

DarkStar wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:29 am
Getting there:

Looks good.... but where are we going now?

KVRian
1144 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:39 am

Talking Heads - We're on a road to nowhere.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”