Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

MorpherX wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:03 pm I have bought your soundset, really great for specific usages.
Could you send your new Beta to the e-mail you got, would be great !
Thanks for that sounds !

Btw. I got 84 presets and 44 MSEGs from 03.2019, is this correct ?
Thanks, yep that is.

I've been working this last two weeks precisely on the new beta. I'll try to update as Soon as possible on gumroad so everyone receives the email. Give me a day or two ;).

Kel wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:33 am
MorpherX wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:03 pm I have bought your soundset, really great for specific usages.
Could you send your new Beta to the e-mail you got, would be great !
Thanks for that sounds !

Btw. I got 84 presets and 44 MSEGs from 03.2019, is this correct ?
Thanks, yep that is.

I've been working this last two weeks precisely on the new beta. I'll try to update as Soon as possible on gumroad so everyone receives the email. Give me a day or two ;).
Normally I don't buy soundsets but yours is so specific to classic approach that I could not resist and it's really great for people who like that kind of sounds and I sometimes would have needed it. That what is really special is that these are made with a wavetable synth (not simply sampled).
It's also great to hear you have updated/improved versions of that sounds.
Would you then recommand to keep the old ones ?
Well, maybe I simply backup it then.

Thanks again !!!

The new beta has been "coming soon" since round about March 2019. Don't hold your breath!

ahanysz wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:38 pm The new beta has been "coming soon" since round about March 2019. Don't hold your breath!
Actually, I was going to release months ago, but because of Covid I had to change my work agenda and had no time for the soundbank. So until very recently I couldn't work on it.

I'm really sorry for all the delays. What I'll do is put the beta file besides the original one, so you have the old version too. I'll post later when I change the file.

Cheers.

MorpherX wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:52 pm
Normally I don't buy soundsets but yours is so specific to classic approach that I could not resist and it's really great for people who like that kind of sounds and I sometimes would have needed it. That what is really special is that these are made with a wavetable synth (not simply sampled).

Thanks again !!!
Thanks for the nice words.

You know, I think that wavetables when used well, are more flexible than samples. You have all the synthesis at your hands. With samples you can mangle forever but the sounds are not generated so less flexibility. That's why I prefer synthesis over samples.

Dont worry for the old version of the bank, I will include it with the new beta.

Kel wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks again !!!
Thanks for the nice words.

You know, I think that wavetables when used well, are more flexible than samples. You have all the synthesis at your hands. With samples you can mangle forever but the sounds are not generated so less flexibility. That's why I prefer synthesis over samples.

Dont worry for the old version of the bank, I will include it with the new beta.

You are right with what you wrote about wavetables, therefore I like wavetable synths if the wavetables can have a high quality and a user can modify the tables with MSEGs etc.

Hope you can deliver the new Beta of your classic sound pack really "soon"

You should not give promisses you can or want not hold !
This gives a very bad impression to you !
I can live with that actual version and will theak it to my wishes if I need it.

Adios !

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:16 pm

You should not give promisses you can or want not hold !
This gives a very bad impression to you !
I can live with that actual version and will theak it to my wishes if I need it.

Adios !
Are you suggesting that he will not be able to include the old version with the new beta?
Yorgos Simeonidis

filulilu wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:43 pm
Are you suggesting that he will not be able to include the old version with the new beta?
[/quote]

No !

He only should deliver what he promised since 3 years or should not promise it, that's all.
But no problem for me at all.

Very much enjoying the soundset — is the new beta available on Gumroad? I don't see it on my account. Do I need to request it from you?

zachy9 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:01 am Very much enjoying the soundset — is the new beta available on Gumroad? I don't see it on my account. Do I need to request it from you?
Hi! Thanks for your support. By next tuesday I'm planning to release an update with the old version and the new beta(both included).

Gumroad will send an update email to all users when its available.

Hi! I just updated the new beta. Please understand that is Beta, names are confusing, volumes and eqs and things are still on its way, but you can test it and play with it! Of course, as promised all updates will always be free and next update will adress those small bugs.

I included the old and new bank, so you get the two banks, I would say the new beta 1.0 is a new bank completely. You will see many patches are more realistic or sound better. So many changes I cant put them all here!.

Please have a look on your email, if you can't access it Drop me a message or email, and I will send it to you.

Regards.
A. Raúl Gómez.

Important: unzip the bank into your VSTplugins folder, under U-he/zebra2data/userpresets.

PS: sorry for the delays, real life stuff always gets in the middle.
PS2: I will try to update more frequently. Thanks for your support!
PS3: Updated for the most recent Zebra2 Version!

There seems to be a problem with gumroad, or maybe I'm plane stupid. Try to enter to your gumroad account and see if you can download the new file there. If you cant access or gumroad asks you to buy again just send me an email, I will send you the new files.

For the people buying for the first time the links are updated with both the new beta and old bank.

Regards.

Got it. Wow, so many variations of string patches to explore! This is going to be fun.

A few things that will make future versions easier to use:
- Sustained sounds should sustain! I don't want my flute player running out of breath and going silent after 3 seconds on a long note. Leave env1->F/R on zero unless it's a percussion or staccato patch.
- Consistent MIDI mappings. If you can put modwheel = vibrato, control A (CC2) = breath pressure or bow pressure, note velocity = attack, XY1 = timbre on most patches, it saves a bit of guessing. Or you can choose different mappings, but the same for each patch as much as possible.
- Vibrato off by default please!

Thanks again for sharing these.

ahanysz wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:33 am Got it. Wow, so many variations of string patches to explore! This is going to be fun.

A few things that will make future versions easier to use:
- Sustained sounds should sustain! I don't want my flute player running out of breath and going silent after 3 seconds on a long note. Leave env1->F/R on zero unless it's a percussion or staccato patch.
- Consistent MIDI mappings. If you can put modwheel = vibrato, control A (CC2) = breath pressure or bow pressure, note velocity = attack, XY1 = timbre on most patches, it saves a bit of guessing. Or you can choose different mappings, but the same for each patch as much as possible.
- Vibrato off by default please!

Thanks again for sharing these.
If you like the strings, Check the first patch of string section name finished in DicCma. It can sound mammoth! and its beautiful! Also the flutes are semilegato, not finished, but the one finished in G2 its "almost" legato sounding but you have to play it a little detached. Try it out. the new Harps are more real too, and many of the new 290+ patches are improved.

You can disable easily vibrato on all patches for now, just look for OSC and COMB modules, and put down the vibrato control. Noted!.

Also, if some sustained patch have the F/R active when it shouldnt probably its because of patch name missmatching on my part. I will have an eye on this, meanwhile you can put F/R to zero on sustains you want to sound longer.

Midi mappings are yet to do on the beta, but note taken.

Thanks!

Return to “u-he”