IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRist
171 posts since 3 Aug, 2014

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:54 pm

Hey guys, I sort of stumbled into this from buying something from IK with no plan or understanding that there was anything else going on. I bought ARC 3, with the microphone, for $149 with free ground shipping. I had 33 jam points that I used to get the price down to about $117.

So tell me if I have this right: once I have my serial number from the physical copy of ARC 3 (that will probably not make it by October 31st but IK said they're allowing another week grace period) and I register it, I will have entered the group buy at the $149 entry point and I can enter through the "Promotions" link in my User Area to pick out 24 free pieces of software as long as they are $149 or less. My understanding is that the Jam Points don't affect the value of whatever you buy to get in, they're just another way to pay.

Am I understanding all this correctly? Thank you all for any insight you'd be willing to share. :)

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:59 pm

Mind Riot wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:54 pm
Hey guys, I sort of stumbled into this from buying something from IK with no plan or understanding that there was anything else going on. I bought ARC 3, with the microphone, for $149 with free ground shipping. I had 33 jam points that I used to get the price down to about $117.

So tell me if I have this right: once I have my serial number from the physical copy of ARC 3 (that will probably not make it by October 31st but IK said they're allowing another week grace period) and I register it, I will have entered the group buy at the $149 entry point and I can enter through the "Promotions" link in my User Area to pick out 24 free pieces of software as long as they are $149 or less. My understanding is that the Jam Points don't affect the value of whatever you buy to get in, they're just another way to pay.

Am I understanding all this correctly? Thank you all for any insight you'd be willing to share. :)
Yep. That's it exactly. Welcome to the party!

KVRist
171 posts since 3 Aug, 2014

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:23 pm

torgo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:59 pm
Sweet fancy Moses, that is a crazy deal!

I don't think there's twenty four items from IK that I even want. I'd be hard pressed to name five.

Oh man, and now I just have to sit and wait for the ground shipping on my copy of ARC 3. Could take forever these days. I wonder if I could have bought the ARC 3 software then bought the mic separately? At least then I could download and register the software and start picking my freebies. Now I can't do squat until the whole thing shows up.

It's an amazing promotion, but IK's plugs are going to be absolutely worthless on the second hand market for a looooooooooooonnnnnnng time.

KVRist
226 posts since 9 Mar, 2011

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:30 pm

torgo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 am
Kurdish Mayfield wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:26 am

I'm thankful for your mentioning this. I bought an Ipad Pro in 2017 with the idea of replication my studio software on it so I could create away from home. So far its been a waste of time as I'm coming from a PC to Mac world. Since my motto is "when stuck, try harder" I think I will buy in with the IRig but I have lots of questions. One main question is , If I buy at $80 I can only get 24 $80 of less items...how to get around this. Can Jam Points do anything?
Another question... are you looking for hardware to help get audio or MIDI into your iPad? Or are you just looking for group buy choices?

I first mentioned the MIDI 2 because at that point several people were looking for entries in the $49 or $79 range to get SampleTank libraries and the Custom Shop extras in Amplitube. (There are 10 amps and 11 stomp effects that aren't in any of the other Amplitube sets, plus 7 matching cabinets for the amps and 2 microphones.) I had been looking to buy the MIDI 2 myself because I want to use the hardware. Then I noticed that it came with 25 gear credits and realized that it might also be interesting for someone ONLY looking for extra group buy choices. (You get in at the $79 level rather than the $49 level, and getting the 25 gear credits cuts the net cost.)

If you're looking for hardware to help get sound/data into the iPad, make sure you understand what you're getting. The MIDI 2 is not something that most people would need.

Man, thanks so much for the detailed response (cut some for space). I was thinking along the lines you mentioned so your insights were what I needed to know. I'd given up on the Ipad and never thought about a USB connect to a controller I already have. This Ipad doesnt seem to connect to anything and the 2017 model needs a "camera kit" to talk to the outside world although it does have a headphone jack so audio is there. I will look at the interface you mentioned. I cant thank you enough for your insights

KVRian
915 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Mind Riot wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:23 pm
It's an amazing promotion, but IK's plugs are going to be absolutely worthless on the second hand market for a looooooooooooonnnnnnng time.
can't sell the freebies though

KVRist
158 posts since 19 Aug, 2021

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 pm

gondii wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:14 pm
Mind Riot wrote:
No but pretty safe to say that everyone that want's IK products is pretty much settled for the near future. Meaning the demand for second hand IK products is going down and that put's pressure on the prices :)

KVRian
915 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:34 pm

yeah that's certainly true

KVRian
563 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:55 am

Mind Riot wrote:
torgo wrote:

I don't think there's twenty four items from IK that I even want. I'd be hard pressed to name five.
You can do pretty well at the $149 level - almost all the "good stuff" is there, albeit you'll have to settle for the "SE" versions of a number of things. Here's what I'd recommend you get:

T-RackS 5 and T-RackS 5 SE; SampleTank 4 SE; MODO Drum SE; MODO Bass SE; AmpliTube 5 SE; Sunset Sound Studio Reverb; Comprexxor; Stealth Limiter; Saturator X; AmpliTube Leslie; X-TIME; X-SPACE; X-DRIVE; X-VIBE.

That gives you a sort of "best of IK" collection covering mix/mastering effects, guitar effects, and sampled and physically-modeled sounds. And you'll still have nine freebie slots left to fill - you could get any AmpliTube expansions, or any additional T-RackS processors (although TBH with the selections above you've got most of the best stuff; maybe grab one of the Tape Machines), or some SampleTank libraries - the Electromagnetik and Cinematik ones are pretty nice, as are Clavitube and the newer celebrity-named drums. You could also get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE as well as the Orchestral Percussion and Cinematic Percussion libraries if your tastes went that way.

Secret tip: Syntronik is actually pretty sweet if you have any interest in vintage synths. You can pick up any of the individual synth instruments for your freebies. But if you do grab one of them, after getting it (or even before), take a close look at your freebie list and see if "Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade" is on there. If it is, grab it - that will get you all 22 Syntronik instruments for one freebie slot. It's not supposed to work like that, but for a lot of people here it has...
Oh man, and now I just have to sit and wait for the ground shipping on my copy of ARC 3. Could take forever these days.
Yeah - fortunately the FAQ says that even if it arrives after the one-week grace period, if you have a proof-of-purchase, IK Support will get you sorted out.
I wonder if I could have bought the ARC 3 software then bought the mic separately? At least then I could download and register the software and start picking my freebies.
Yes, you could have, but the price for ARC 3 - Software Only is only $99, so you'd only qualify for $99 and less freebies. All but one of the things I listed above are higher than $99, so you'd have gotten FAR less good stuff that way.

Of course there's nothing stopping you from buying into the Group Buy again right now! If you bought a $200 product (which you could do for as little as $112 if you still have a lot of Jampoints) you'd be able to get all the non-SE things (AmpliTube 5 full, SampleTank 4 full, MODO Bass and MODO Drum full) which come with a bunch more sounds, as well as Hammond B-3X, MixBox, SampleTron 2 and Syntronik (if the above Syntonik Deluxe hack doesn't happen to work). And then you'd have just a boatload of additional freebies for stocking up on AmpliTube expansions and SampleTank stuff. :tu:
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:19 am

For a guitar player, I'd add the Amplitube Hendrix set, even if you aren't planning to rock out to Voodoo Chile. It has a good selection of vintage amps, many of which aren't otherwise available in other Amplitube collections.

As Ceej said, definitely take a good look at Miroslav CE, and if the Syntronik Deluxe crossgrade/upgrade happens to show up on your list of choices, jump on it and get all the synths in one bag.

KVRer
11 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:47 am

Ceej wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:55 am
Mind Riot wrote:
torgo wrote:

You can do pretty well at the $149 level - almost all the "good stuff" is there, albeit you'll have to settle for the "SE" versions of a number of things. Here's what I'd recommend you get:

T-RackS 5 and T-RackS 5 SE; SampleTank 4 SE; MODO Drum SE; MODO Bass SE; AmpliTube 5 SE; Sunset Sound Studio Reverb; Comprexxor; Stealth Limiter; Saturator X; AmpliTube Leslie; X-TIME; X-SPACE; X-DRIVE; X-VIBE.

That gives you a sort of "best of IK" collection covering mix/mastering effects, guitar effects, and sampled and physically-modeled sounds. And you'll still have nine freebie slots left to fill - you could get any AmpliTube expansions, or any additional T-RackS processors (although TBH with the selections above you've got most of the best stuff; maybe grab one of the Tape Machines), or some SampleTank libraries - the Electromagnetik and Cinematik ones are pretty nice, as are Clavitube and the newer celebrity-named drums. You could also get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE as well as the Orchestral Percussion and Cinematic Percussion libraries if your tastes went that way.

Secret tip: Syntronik is actually pretty sweet if you have any interest in vintage synths. You can pick up any of the individual synth instruments for your freebies. But if you do grab one of them, after getting it (or even before), take a close look at your freebie list and see if "Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade" is on there. If it is, grab it - that will get you all 22 Syntronik instruments for one freebie slot. It's not supposed to work like that, but for a lot of people here it has...
Oh man, and now I just have to sit and wait for the ground shipping on my copy of ARC 3. Could take forever these days.
Yeah - fortunately the FAQ says that even if it arrives after the one-week grace period, if you have a proof-of-purchase, IK Support will get you sorted out.
I wonder if I could have bought the ARC 3 software then bought the mic separately? At least then I could download and register the software and start picking my freebies.
Yes, you could have, but the price for ARC 3 - Software Only is only $99, so you'd only qualify for $99 and less freebies. All but one of the things I listed above are higher than $99, so you'd have gotten FAR less good stuff that way.

Of course there's nothing stopping you from buying into the Group Buy again right now! If you bought a $200 product (which you could do for as little as $112 if you still have a lot of Jampoints) you'd be able to get all the non-SE things (AmpliTube 5 full, SampleTank 4 full, MODO Bass and MODO Drum full) which come with a bunch more sounds, as well as Hammond B-3X, MixBox, SampleTron 2 and Syntronik (if the above Syntonik Deluxe hack doesn't happen to work). And then you'd have just a boatload of additional freebies for stocking up on AmpliTube expansions and SampleTank stuff. :tu:
y'know, I was going to pass on this whole group-buy thing but this post may have swung me. I'll be sending my invoice directly. ;)

KVRAF
2129 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:07 am

gondii wrote:
Mind Riot wrote:
yes, but some people (like me) were thinking about sellling their previous products and get them again in the GB, but it's worthless anyway.

KVRAF
2129 posts since 4 Dec, 2011 from Brasília, Brazil

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am

Ceej wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:05 pm
Also, look closely at your list of available freebies - a fair number of us found "Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade" in the $99 tier even though technically we shouldn't have qualified for it. If it's there, that'd get you all 22 instruments.
Thanks for the tip on Syntronik Deluxe, it was my last freebie!

As I owned (like most kvrians) some previous products from IK, joining twice (in 149 and in 99 level) allowed me to get almost everything from IK - completed my Amplitube and T-Racks collections, got a lot of sampletank libraries + Sampletank SE and now syntronik deluxe. The only thing that I felt it's missing was mixbox, but I can pass without it.

Awesome deal!

KVRAF
4425 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:18 pm

torgo wrote:
:party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:34 pm

waltercruz wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:07 am
gondii wrote:
Mind Riot wrote:
yes, but some people (like me) were thinking about sellling their previous products and get them again in the GB, but it's worthless anyway.
When has their product had any value in the used market though? I have been messing with them since 2012, and have never known a time when their products had value on the used market. The different group buys. Deep discount sales and giveaways. They happen every year.

If you are lucky, you might recover $10 after transfer fees. But it’s always kind of been that way.

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Just in case anyone sees them on the list of options and wonders what they are, "Bottle 563" and "Tube VM" are microphones for Amplitube. They are emulations of the Neumann CVM-563 and Brauner VM1.

They're only $5 each if you buy them with cash or gear credits, so you probably don't want to burn group buy choices on them unless you're completely out of things to get otherwise.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”