Help! Nektar Impact GX49 not recognised by computer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
KVRer
1 posts since 2 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:11 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey guys!

My Nektar Impact G49 Midi Keyboard seems to be only half-recognised by my macbook (OSX 10.10.2).

Here's the situation:

- When I plug it in, it lights up
- It is not listed as a device in System Preferences > Sound > Inputs
- It is listed as a device in Midi Studio... But it has no input / output (the triangles that point upwards and downwards on the other devices in the screenshot below). Also, clicking 'test setup' and then playing the keyboard does not create any sound. Note that I used this troubleshooting guide from Nektar to check the device in Midi Studio: http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/it.I/id. ... /KB.533/.f (http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/it.I/id.8813/ctype.KB/KB.533/.f)
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.49.45 pm.png
- In both Ableton Live and Bitwig it isn't listed as an input either. I added the patch that Nektor suggested for Ableton, and am able to select it, but cannot select it as a Control Surface (in the Midi Sync preferences tab) but I am unable to select an 'input' or 'output' in that tab - probably because I cannot select the keyboard as an input in the Audio tab..

Please help!! No idea what I am doing wrong here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRer
1 posts since 27 Oct, 2021

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:09 am

Hi Chris,
I have the EXACT same problem with my GX 49.
Were you able to resolve this?
Please let me know.
Thanks a tonne in advance.

Regards

KVRAF
11533 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:31 am

I would usually recommend submitting a support case via the Nektar website but this issue is relatively easy to fix.
With the GX49 selected in the MIDI Studio window, as shown in the image above, click the 'Remove Device' button on press the delete key on your keyboard. The icon for the GX49 will disappear.
Now, turn the GX49 off and back on. The icon will reappear, this time the I/O will also appear at the bottom of the icon.
If you continue to have trouble please create a support case, if you have not done so already.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”