David guetta she wolf lead

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs
at 1:30 the lead

it sounds quite complicated and from all the remakes on youtube noone came close.........

do you know any preset or any way to recreate that with VITAL would be great

thanks

it's only one of the layers I hear and it's not exact but with all the sounds going on I can kinda hear this standing out.
https://rumble.com/voh29t-david-guetta- ... sound.html
Preset + midi
LD - She Wolf.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

1000 thanks!!! this will be my homework till the end of the year i think! damn so much to learn from this....u're the best man

There's two layers. One only plays the first 4 16ths of each bar and sounds like a pretty simple distorted bass synth (303 with low resonance into distortion). The top layer sound very much like a regular "big ol' supersaw" through some pumping reverb. I would try "distorted acid" and "trance saw lead" as starting places. There will be tons of presets that cover these sounds and hundreds of people that have made videos on how to make these sounds. You could fudge the distortion and saws with wave tables or just make them the old fashioned way. I only mention the WT route as you mentioned Vital, which I think does mainly Wave tables.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:53 am There's two layers. One only plays the first 4 16ths of each bar and sounds like a pretty simple distorted bass synth (303 with low resonance into distortion). The top layer sound very much like a regular "big ol' supersaw" through some pumping reverb. I would try "distorted acid" and "trance saw lead" as starting places. There will be tons of presets that cover these sounds and hundreds of people that have made videos on how to make these sounds. You could fudge the distortion and saws with wave tables or just make them the old fashioned way. I only mention the WT route as you mentioned Vital, which I think does mainly Wave tables.
thanks i will be testing all these soon :) what would be the other route just out of curiocity

thanks guys!!

Big unison saws for the top lead with an amp envelope roughly like a pluck but with the sustain set around half (depending on the synth).

The distorted bass lead could be slapped together in phoscyon pretty quickly as it has a distortion that is made for these types of sounds, and mono acid sounds in general. You pretty much want a saw wave with a mid (maybe right around 1000Hz) cutoff level and resonance that only accentuates the start of the note so somewhere in the lower 2/3 of the resonance range (again depending on the synth)But all those distorted acid sounds were made (usually) using a stomp box distortion or even overloading the input op-amp of a cheap Mackie style mixer. If you had the channels to spare you would get the most flexibility by running the synth into 1 mono channel, eqing it there, then using a direct out to another channel (running it through your distortion on the way or using the line trim to add your distortion that way) then running to a 3rd channel for final eq and compression etc. Now (of course you can do all this in one channel with a nice chain of vst fx. You just want to not kill all the bass and low mids. Something like guitar rig can get you there pretty well or anything with a nice selection of distortion pedal emulations.

Also I remember a while back reading about a plugin someone had made that was an emulation of the old Mackie vlz mixers inputs and designed to be abused and overdriven to mimic what was (long long ago) a pretty common way to get some pretty fun and harsh distortion.

The trick is just capturing that weight that is underpinning the fist beat of each measure. Unless you're making a cover of a random dance record for some reason. Getting the vibe and accenting of that type of lead section should be pretty simple.

JJ

Hey Ah_Dziz! Whats Up!
Funny I thought I hear some type of distortion on it too kinda like a guitar cab/sim
the 303 might be correct but I can't really hear it but it is definitely distorted and then low passed or indeed the resonance quite high and then distortion.
With all the layers going on I cant be sure about it.

Could you demonstrate the different notes
"There's two layers. One only plays the first 4 16ths of each bar and sounds like a pretty simple distorted bass synth (303 with low resonance into distortion). The top layer sound very much like a regular "big ol' supersaw" through some pumping reverb."

To me they sound like all the same but I'd have to open up the song again and analyse it more etc
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:20 am Big unison saws for the top lead with an amp envelope roughly like a pluck but with the sustain set around half (depending on the synth).

The distorted bass lead could be slapped together in phoscyon pretty quickly as it has a distortion that is made for these types of sounds, and mono acid sounds in general. You pretty much want a saw wave with a mid (maybe right around 1000Hz) cutoff level and resonance that only accentuates the start of the note so somewhere in the lower 2/3 of the resonance range (again depending on the synth)But all those distorted acid sounds were made (usually) using a stomp box distortion or even overloading the input op-amp of a cheap Mackie style mixer. If you had the channels to spare you would get the most flexibility by running the synth into 1 mono channel, eqing it there, then using a direct out to another channel (running it through your distortion on the way or using the line trim to add your distortion that way) then running to a 3rd channel for final eq and compression etc. Now (of course you can do all this in one channel with a nice chain of vst fx. You just want to not kill all the bass and low mids. Something like guitar rig can get you there pretty well or anything with a nice selection of distortion pedal emulations.

Also I remember a while back reading about a plugin someone had made that was an emulation of the old Mackie vlz mixers inputs and designed to be abused and overdriven to mimic what was (long long ago) a pretty common way to get some pretty fun and harsh distortion.

The trick is just capturing that weight that is underpinning the fist beat of each measure. Unless you're making a cover of a random dance record for some reason. Getting the vibe and accenting of that type of lead section should be pretty simple.

JJ
yes it would be great if you could recreate it somewhere and provide us with a preset (am i lazy?:P) but I am currently seeing the 303 things.....u guys are light years ahead
Last edited by georgeusageo123 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I only listened on my phone but the first four 16ths definitely have a weightier sound layered underneath them than the rest of the bar. All the "ways to make the sound" were just off the top of my head how I would approach it. I'll check it out on the monitors when I'm in the studio tomorrow (or at some time in the near future) and see if there's anything much more to it. I could probably whip up the 2 sounds I'm hearing for most synths. Zebra 2 is my general go-to for making standard noises.

I could do a try in Rapid I think. Wasn't it a freebie? If it isn't a freebie then I don't have it. I have most other vsts out there though.

JJ

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:27 am I only listened on my phone but the first four 16ths definitely have a weightier sound layered underneath them than the rest of the bar. All the "ways to make the sound" were just off the top of my head how I would approach it. I'll check it out on the monitors when I'm in the studio tomorrow (or at some time in the near future) and see if there's anything much more to it. I could probably whip up the 2 sounds I'm hearing for most synths. Zebra 2 is my general go-to for making standard noises.

I could do a try in Rapid I think. Wasn't it a freebie? If it isn't a freebie then I don't have it. I have most other vsts out there though.

JJ
that would be great! zebra 2 is free also i think! but any will do..can find it ! will go over CHOOS and your pointers today also, learning learning learning...hmmm "go to the studio" seems like you're not the typical bedroom producer....hehehe :D
Last edited by georgeusageo123 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

I have a laptop rig to diddle at home with, but I trust the real monitors much more. I do music full time so I was able to build myself a small project studio.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:39 am I have a laptop rig to diddle at home with, but I trust the real monitors much more. I do music full time so I was able to build myself a small project studio.
1 in a million, well done man!

georgeusageo123 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:42 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:39 am I have a laptop rig to diddle at home with, but I trust the real monitors much more. I do music full time so I was able to build myself a small project studio.
1 in a million, well done man!
Mostly luck at the end of the day. If you do catch a lucky break though it's nice to be prepared and have a versatile skill set.

Return to “Sound Design”