Selling Presets: How are you doing it?

How to make that sound...
cryophonik
KVRAF
7302 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Hope this is the right subforum for this, if not feel free to move it.

My website is in drastic need of updating, so I plan on making that a priority in the coming months. One of the things I’m considering doing is selling presets for some of my synths (I have a couple of older preset packs that are done-ish and currently working on a new one).

But, before I get too far ahead of myself, I’m looking for some advice from some of you who are selling your presets through your own websites. Are you using a service for payment and delivery? Are they pretty reliable? Anything in particular I should be aware of? Any guidance or input would be helpful since this is all new to me. FWIW, I’m not looking to make a career out of this or anything, just maybe enough to make it worth my time and put toward the next new hardware synth.

3lu5iv3
KVRist
352 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:34 pm

A lot of people use Payhip and Gumroad. Maybe u can put a link on your website.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

briefcasemanx
KVRian
914 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am

To go along with this: how do you get your presets on storefronts like adsr? What is the agreement and communication like, and what all materials do they need?

NatLife
KVRian
788 posts since 12 Jul, 2004

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:17 pm

I didn't found your demos of presets, if you interesting you can send it into my contact, maybe I can help you with providing it to masses
https://www.natlifesounds.com/contact/
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian
1236 posts since 21 Apr, 2017 from Bahia, Brazil

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm

I have my own site. My business comes from folk who liked my presets that came with a synth they bought. Most of my income now is through custom presets for individuals. I use PayPal.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://www.scrubbingmonkeys.com/

cryophonik
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7302 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:59 pm

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:34 pm
Thanks for these suggestions! I'll definitely give those a look, since they seem to be exactly what I was hoping to find.
briefcasemanx wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am
To go along with this: how do you get your presets on storefronts like adsr? What is the agreement and communication like, and what all materials do they need?
Yeah, that's another route I was considering. I'm not sure that I want to deal with a middleman, markups, etc., but, I wouldn't necessarily rule it out, either.
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm
I have my own site. My business comes from folk who liked my presets that came with a synth they bought. Most of my income now is through custom presets for individuals. I use PayPal.
That's pretty much what I'm banking on - making presets for hardware synths that are pretty widely known and have a large number of owners with little sound design knowledge (e.g., cheaper Korgs and Roland Boutiques). My original thought was to just use PayPal, but doesn't that require you to manually send each buyer a link/attachment with the presets?

Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRian
1236 posts since 21 Apr, 2017 from Bahia, Brazil

Post Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:36 am

cryophonik wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:59 pm
3lu5iv3 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:34 pm
Thanks for these suggestions! I'll definitely give those a look, since they seem to be exactly what I was hoping to find.
briefcasemanx wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am
Yeah, that's another route I was considering. I'm not sure that I want to deal with a middleman, markups, etc., but, I wouldn't necessarily rule it out, either.
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm
That's pretty much what I'm banking on - making presets for hardware synths that are pretty widely known and have a large number of owners with little sound design knowledge (e.g., cheaper Korgs and Roland Boutiques). My original thought was to just use PayPal, but doesn't that require you to manually send each buyer a link/attachment with the presets?
Kind of.....paypal has a way of sending the file upon payment. I store the file in my Gdrive and when paypal confirms the payment it is automatically sent out as an attachment with the thank you email. This is for premade banks.

The custom work is more individual and handled as such.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://www.scrubbingmonkeys.com/

Return to “Sound Design”