IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7542 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:05 pm

torgo wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm
Just in case anyone sees them on the list of options and wonders what they are, "Bottle 563" and "Tube VM" are microphones for Amplitube. They are emulations of the Neumann CVM-563 and Brauner VM1.

They're only $5 each if you buy them with cash or gear credits, so you probably don't want to burn group buy choices on them unless you're completely out of things to get otherwise or you're a completionist.
FTFY :D

Also, they are detailed here under microphones: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5/#thegear
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRAF
2370 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Best Service has a 20 € off deal (on minimum $99 priced product), and IK products are sold there. What is the best way to get in on the IK deal at the $300 level? Should I just buy the B-3 at $300 minus the 20 €? Or get in at the $150 or $200 level with 20 € off, and then upgrade somehow (would I have significant jam points from the purchase?
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Dirtgrain wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:17 pm
Best Service has a 20 € off deal (on minimum $99 priced product), and IK products are sold there. What is the best way to get in on the IK deal at the $300 level? Should I just buy the B-3 at $300 minus the 20 €? Or get in at the $150 or $200 level with 20 € off, and then upgrade somehow (would I have significant jam points from the purchase?

Depends. If you do not have an IK account and don’t own any of their products, download custom shop and find something there. For example AmpliTube. Purchase 300 gear credits and grab that item from the custom shop at a deeper discount than €20.

If you don’t care about Miroslav or Tracks deluxe, there are even cheaper ways to go about getting into the group buy. This would involve you buying and unused serial, from here. At least $99 value, for $10 or less. Once you register it, you will qualify for cross grade pricing on everything but Miroslaw and Tracks Deluxe. A lot of $399 products magically now cost $199. Then buy $200 worth of gear credits and go to town. An easier way to do this… Some retailers have a deeply discounted Uno Synth. Grab one of those and register it. Again the magic cross grade pricing will apply.

KVRist
171 posts since 3 Aug, 2014

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:04 am

Ceej wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:55 am
You can do pretty well at the $149 level - almost all the "good stuff" is there, albeit you'll have to settle for the "SE" versions of a number of things. Here's what I'd recommend you get:
[EDIT] Most of post removed to save space.
Thank you very much for the advice, I just don't have any use for synths or things of that nature. I'm a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter, my stuff is all real world played and recorded (even the MIDI that drives my drum samples is from real drumming on my e-kit).

I'll check out the orchestral stuff, though. I've written some orchestral score in the past. But I also have Kontakt 5 and it comes with a lot of high quality orchestral VSTi, so I don't want to get something inferior that I'll never use just to have it take up space on my hard drive.

I'll definitely get comprexxor and the Vari-Mu comp they have, and maybe some more T-racks stuff. I might buy some more amps for Amplitube, really beef it up, then give it to a friend of mine who's been looking into getting a capable guitar plugin. Make a nice gift, I don't use it anymore.

I still don't think I'll get anything near 24. I've got too many plugs already. If anything, I've been trying to downsize.

Which makes this thing happening now kind of sad, really. I've got pretty much all the plugins I could want and now I'm confronted with what may very well be the best sale I've ever seen on music software.

It's the kind of irony that can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Like an old episode of the Twilight Zone you want to watch but you can't because you broke your only pair of glasses and there's nobody who can make you new ones because everyone died in the nuclear apocalypse that was set off by that plane that crashed because of the monster on the wing that nobody can see but you except one day you find a child who has lost his sight from the nukes and always wears a bandanna over where his eyes used to be and you agree to help him find his family, thrilled that there are other survivors and desperately hoping against hope that they will help you to at least find some glasses in the ruins of a store that will help you see well enough to finally watch that episode of the Twilight Zone but when you find the kids family they ironically turn out to be a bunch of irradiated mutants who have adapted to not having any eyes and also they're cannibals and they grab you and tie you up and get ready to eat you and they're arguing over which one of them gets to eat the (ironically) most delicious part of you, so special they consider it a delicacy and an honor to consume, precisely and ironically because it is now something they lack: the EYES.

It's not EXACTLY like that kind of ironic, but maybe just a little. Kinda sorta.

KVRAF
6878 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:29 am

Run on sentence^^^
"You shoulda been there."
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

KVRist
210 posts since 4 Oct, 2019 from France

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:38 am

After choosing Syntronik Deluxe upgrade as freebie, I installed each synth separately (due to my poor bandwidth). All the 22 synths are installed but it remains 4 files to install...
Does anyone know what it is?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waveform 11.5.18, Windows 10

KVRAF
2722 posts since 5 Dec, 2003 from Harlan's World

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:24 am

Just a reminder to folks here (because I wondered about this myself):
IK Multimedia wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE for all participants
Please note that you can claim your free products from your IK User Area for a period of 30 days after the closing date of the promotion. Claims for promotional products cannot be made after 30 days after the closing date of the promotion. So please remember to claim your free products as soon as you can!
So we have until the end of November to claim all the stuff.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

KVRist
171 posts since 3 Aug, 2014

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:29 am
Run on sentence^^^
How'd you know?

KVRist
188 posts since 19 Jul, 2014

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:46 pm

asprog wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:38 am
After choosing Syntronik Deluxe upgrade as freebie, I installed each synth separately (due to my poor bandwidth). All the 22 synths are installed but it remains 4 files to install...
There are 5 added from the regular Syntronik. Have you checked them? They're at the bottom of this page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikdeluxe/

KVRist
188 posts since 19 Jul, 2014

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:48 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:05 pm
torgo wrote:
Just in case anyone sees them on the list of options and wonders what they are, "Bottle 563" and "Tube VM" are microphones for Amplitube. They are emulations of the Neumann CVM-563 and Brauner VM1.

They're only $5 each if you buy them with cash or gear credits, so you probably don't want to burn group buy choices on them unless you're completely out of things to get otherwise or you're a completionist.

Also, they are detailed here under microphones: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... 5/#thegear
A completionist? I never thought about it like that. Is there help?

wfm
KVRer
22 posts since 18 May, 2010

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Hi all! Is this the craziest deal ever or what?!? Awesome.

I am helping a friend pick out as much Amplitube 5 gear as possible from his Fender 1 $99 tier purchase.

He only has Amplitube Custom Shop.

My question for the group is:
If he gets all of the Collections, what gear will be missing VS. MAX?
The only Collection that he can't get FENDER 2 ($150 tier.)

Are the T-Rex pedals in any of the Collections? What else? Nu-Tron? Nirvana?

I believe some of the amps are 'exclusive' to Amplitube 5 and Amplitube 5 MAX, right?

I told him to install everything and see what's missing. But I thought I might be able to answer his question.

Thanks for any tips to help my pal. RnR :D

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:51 pm

moonchunk wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:48 pm
torgo wrote:

Yes, there is - this group buy has been a tremendous help! :lol:

KVRAF
6878 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Mind Riot wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:15 pm
Bombadil wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:29 am
Run on sentence^^^
How'd you know?
Years of specialized training and study.
"You shoulda been there."
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

KVRist
368 posts since 9 Jun, 2020

Post Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 pm

moonchunk wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:48 pm
torgo wrote:

Yes but you need to do a cost benefit analysis: where you live, is therapy less expensive than gas?

KVRist
210 posts since 4 Oct, 2019 from France

Post Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:02 am

moonchunk wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:46 pm
asprog wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:38 am
There are 5 added from the regular Syntronik. Have you checked them? They're at the bottom of this page:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronikdeluxe/
Thanks for your help, I had already checked them.
So, I downloaded the 4 remaining files and it was 3 synths I had already installed before registering Syntronik Deluxe... Very weird the Product Manager doesn't know which are already installed!
Waveform 11.5.18, Windows 10

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”