Unfiltered Audio SILO Isn't Making Any Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So recently, I picked up SILO by unfiltered audio, but as soon as I installed it and registered it, it didn't make any sound when I ran audio through it. I use FL Studio for this btw. Some interesting facts about this:

1. FL Studio found the vst3 version, but not the vst2.
2. The mix knob in FL lets audio through at 100% dry, but the mix knob in SILO doesn't let audio through even at 100% dry
3. SILO doesn't show any audio coming through
4. All other knobs in SILO respond fine, minus the whole "no sound" thing

If anybody could give me some pointers here, that would be amazing. I've contacted plugin alliance support, but I figure I'd ask here in case anybody else had this issue as well.

Hi, i had the same problem today with Fl STUDIO 20.8.3 after buying Unfiltered Audio SILO ... no sound coming into the plugin .. no sound coming out.

I found a fix that seem to make the plugin work properly,
In the VST window click on "Vst wrapper Settings" -> Processing -> Make Bridged
Make sure that "Process inactive Inputs and Outputs " is checked too.

Ypoeneko wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:39 pm Hi, i had the same problem today with Fl STUDIO 20.8.3 after buying Unfiltered Audio SILO ... no sound coming into the plugin .. no sound coming out.

I found a fix that seem to make the plugin work properly,
In the VST window click on "Vst wrapper Settings" -> Processing -> Make Bridged
Make sure that "Process inactive Inputs and Outputs " is checked too.
Cheers. Was wondering what the problem was. I own all their other plugins and never had an issue like this before, but that fixed it =)

Yes, sorry- we had something creep into our common library where it causes this issue in FL Studio. It's fixed for LO-FI-AF and Silo in the next update (should be a couple of weeks if not already out). VST2 or manually setting inputs/outputs works in the meantime. Cheers.
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

Just got Silo and this still happens in FL Studio (latest version). Any updates?
💜💯

I <3 what this plugin can do... but could not get the effect to render when I tried to export a mixdown in Studio One. Every other effect in the same chain worked fine... except Silo, which just seemed to disable itself (turn itself off) on every attempt.

Turns out, it hates S1's multi-instruments... and I had to bounce the problem track in order to get maybe a 50/50 chance at an actual render. So I used that opportunity to just render out pure FX clips, then comped those together to a separate audio track... and blended that in with the raw track.

Now I'm unlikely to even bother trying to use it again. Held up a project I was trying to complete (right up to the deadline), for a Metapop competition.

Documented that (and a bunch more unrelated issues), in this new series I started: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -pN78Q9bh-

Return to “Effects”