New Hybrid Synth/Sampler/ROMpler from TheSynthFactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Norqa wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:39 pm
Hink wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:16 pm

On another note, there are members (one in particular) who cerdit/blame me ( :hihi: ) for bringing a personal aspect to the forum. You see KvR is a community.
I read a thread where you did bring personal things to the table, jancivil was involved, where you gave up vital info involving you parting with cash to help out jancivil and things exploded thereafter. lol
For a Mod you sure end up in a lot of scrapes and your fair share of agro :)
I read some interesting things too attached to your account :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Joined this July, gee some names...didnt we already have this conversation?

I was just having this conversation with someone else a few minutes ago...I get when people dont like me, I dont like some people...the thing is I dont get why some people have to constantly keep reminding you they dont like you...it begins to make one wonder who they are actually trying to convince (ftr I am spoken for).

Then people come online to attack, change their name, become a sockpuppet, attack some more...I suspect the problem is not with the target of said abuse. Quite frankly I am proud of who I am, I cant imagine giving up my identity for even a second for the sake of taking cheap shots at someone...that sir is extremely weak.

This does not offend me, a sockpuppet will never offend me...it tells me simply I am doing a good job...if everyone liked me I would have deeper concerns.

:shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Was really looking forward to this.

Tried the demo - the presets are very mediocre. :( :( :(

With the mostly poor sound quality, can not purchase this at any price :!: :!: :!:

again can we please talk about the synth and not each other...not you and ty zeph :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:26 pm
I hadn’t noticed the synth was released, can’t wait to try it !!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
let us know if you agree with the previous comments re sound quality?
not gonna make it to my music pc due to pain (oh no personal stuff) today sadly.

also is sample import a thing? and how much can we mangle the bastards if we can import them? :D

cheers (and a coffee, two sugars)

Well I've had a horrible day and I'm in no mood whatsoever to address the drama that transpired today but I did want to give HoriZEN another go tonight after leaving a less than glowing review this morning.

It should go without saying that for a synth which is heavily sample based the sample content makes all the difference in the world.

The architecture of HoriZEN is very appealing to me. Layering four sample engines, the arp/chord pages, unison on samples, etc all add up to a synth that's right up my alley and honestly it is very easy and fun to make patches on but...

I'm just not clicking with the sample content. I was really looking forward to checking out what HoriZEN brings in that regards and am personally disappointed in the current content. However this is said to be an ongoing project so who knows what content the future will bring.

I see the price has been dropped and I think with the coupon it is a fair price but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger based solely on the content and not the synth itself.

I wish the developers good luck and hope they continue to work on the project going forward. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I’ve given the synth a first try : for the moment, I LOVE what I’m hearing. They have a new approach on some details, for example the noise used on the basslines. Minor detail ? Not if you’re focused on those kinds of sounds.

I’ll keep on browsing the presets today, so far I’ve only tried the basses and the leads.

If you’re into EDM (for the few old old old people who still refuse to get the meaning of this word : it’s the only "word" we have for every kind of dance and clubbing music genre around the world -no, that’s not some kind of new modern weird wub-wub style-), give it a try.

I have an annoying bug though : the synth keeps on asking me the sample folder everytime I change the preset. I’ve tried everything, it doesn’t care. OK, that’s one more click, I can live with it to demo it.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Okay, well as there is some discussion about the sound, here's a walk thru of some of the presets in the retro category. There's no external effects or mastering going on, and its just Andy playing the sounds. Please note this is the RETRO category - his favourite - so its not going to sound super clean and there's noise added in (usually from the wave-shaper FX) to give it a more genuinely "old-style" flavour :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGcbPHicf9k
Look to the HoriZEN - the Hybrid Synth/Sampler/ROMpler from The Synth Factory

I grabbed a copy of this and am enjoying it.

I could not figure out how to change the wave shapes for the synth engine oscillators. This is an area I suspect they will expand in future updates.

The Gate and Arp patterns can not be saved or loaded, it would be really useful to be able to select and load some common patterns. I also noticed that the ARP tempo default is kind of funny in my opinion as I expect it to default 1/16 and IIRC it defaults to either 1/8T or 1/16T.
EDIT: Was thinking and the tempo default is probably related the starting preset I start editing with.

I would also like to see some more natural acoustic like instruments such as piano, violin, or guitar. I expected these types to be missing when coming into this though.

Anyway those are just a few minor things I noticed with this.

boomt wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:37 am I grabbed a copy of this and am enjoying it.

I could not figure out how to change the wave shapes for the synth engine oscillators. This is an area I suspect they will expand in future updates.

The Gate and Arp patterns can not be saved or loaded, it would be really useful to be able to select and load some common patterns. I also noticed that the ARP tempo default is kind of funny in my opinion as I expect it to default 1/16 and IIRC it defaults to either 1/8T or 1/16T.
EDIT: Was thinking and the tempo default is probably related the starting preset I start editing with.

I would also like to see some more natural acoustic like instruments such as piano, violin, or guitar. I expected these types to be missing when coming into this though.

Anyway those are just a few minor things I noticed with this.
Glad you are enjoying it, and yes Oscillator editing is penciled in for version 1.1 - HoriZEN uses dual oscillators (rather than the more usual single oscillator config.) so there's quite a bit of configuration you can do in each synth voice :
- select each oscillator shape (there's a fair few to chose from including the usual suspects)
- oscillator octave
- pitch fine tune
- oscillator mix

Also lined up for V1.1 are a comprehensive extension to our "Analogising" approach where we model additional electronic circuitry to give a more "analog" approach to modulator shapes, unison detune and even sample offset.

There's lots of other stuff too, but we wont give away too much yet, watch out for future posts.

Additional sample sets are also on our radar as is the ability to separately save arp configurations - in fact a whole arp rework is planned, though not in 1.1.....

Just a quick bump to say - if you have a discount code - it expires in the next couple of days - so hurry over and download the demo - or if you've done that already and like the synth then buy now!! As of Monday to 30%-off offer will be closed.

I received an email saying an update to v1.1 will be out soon.

Got an email saying they are having a livestream 8th December at 6PM GMT at https://www.twitch.tv/thesynthfactory

Looks like they will be showing some of the changes in 1.1!

Hopefully it will now have sample import and/or osc trigger on/off.

Return to “Instruments”