Dissolve (Seismic Ambient Repast Rehabilitation)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The latest release from Ambient Online (Vol 14), featuring almost 8 hours of music (at a guess - I haven't added it all up yet), comprising 60 tracks of diverse ambient music, all made by members of Ambient Online, is released today. This compilation is again available as a "name your price" release, so it should suit all pockets. It's another no-brainer, especially with the nights drawing in.

This is my first track made in a new DAW - MuLab. I've finally jumped off the cliff into the 64-bit abyss, but it doesn't really signal the end of my EnergyXT2 days just yet. I think I have 25+ remix projects to take care of.

I'm still learning what MuLab can do and haven't really developed a workflow yet, but I'm starting to get the hang of some of the ins and outs of it. Early days and all that. I quite like the transition that occurs in this piece, which was inspired by a Sunday lunch which was in danger of going off the rails.

This could be subtitled "Lumpy Gravy", but Frank might not appreciate that.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/dissolve

Recorded/Mixed in MuLab 8.7.6
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Bits and Bobs

Lounge Lizard Session
Spitfire LABS Soft Piano
Skanner XT
MUX modular
Zebra2
Valhalla Supermassive
EQuivocate
Satin
Linear Phase EQ
EQP-1A

DR - 10

The album may be found here:-

https://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/albu ... -volume-14

EDIT 20211103: I've just remixed this. I had to rebuild the project to incorporate parallel routing, which in turn allowed me to better automate the transitions between "clean" and processed sounds. I also added B2 to the Rhodes emulations. The mastering chain used for the remix is identical to the original.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/dissolve2liquify

DR - 10
Last edited by seismic1 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

A tranquil ambiance and soundscape. Like a morning mist on the slow flowing river at the autumn.
Relaxing music. Good mix and sounds.

The first tones do not follow any known hearing pattern and instead
appear something arbitrary. So very interesting! The question then is:
where is the whole thing going? Anyway, "Dissolve" is a nice fitting title,
because the "Song" sounds like it is dissolving, like falling apart,
apocalyptic. Or maybe the morning mist just dissolves ... :?:

An interesting, relaxing dystopian track! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

markkuja wrote: ↑Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 am A tranquil ambiance and soundscape. Like a morning mist on the slow flowing river at the autumn.
Relaxing music. Good mix and sounds.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Markku. Glad you liked it :)

I think I need to schedule another boat trip.

enroe wrote: ↑Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:24 am The first tones do not follow any known hearing pattern and instead
appear something arbitrary. So very interesting! The question then is:
where is the whole thing going? Anyway, "Dissolve" is a nice fitting title,
because the "Song" sounds like it is dissolving, like falling apart,
apocalyptic. Or maybe the morning mist just dissolves ... :?:

An interesting, relaxing dystopian track! :tu:
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, enroe. Glad it kept you interested :)

Mist has been known to dissolve, so I think that is a valid comment. In this case I was particularly concerned with rescuing the Sunday lunch after the gravy preparation had taken an unfortunate turn for the worse. In England this is certainly regarded as a dystopian or apocalyptic event :wink:

and may the Lord have mercy
on the people of England
for the terrible food
these people mu-ust eat

this has a lot of potential. Spatially kind of 2D atm methinks

that little move to the tritone at around :42 and keeps recurring, I think I'm gwyne steal

jancivil wrote: ↑Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:51 pm and may the Lord have mercy
on the people of England
for the terrible food
these people mu-ust eat
It's not all bad, although the trend towards "food-delivery" services may not be a great idea. If the wrong food is delivered, or it's not cooked properly it can take many weeks to get a refund.
jancivil wrote: ↑Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:51 pm
this has a lot of potential. Spatially kind of 2D atm methinks
Thanks very much for checking this out, jan.

Are you talking about width or depth here? I'm using a new DAW, and it's the first time I have used Supermassive. I have some ideas about restructuring the project, but it may take me a few days to sort it out.

very nice, post bong.
has a touch of darkness to it, very apt for late on samhain πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ

I meant depth, it's all like 'right in front'.

jancivil wrote: ↑Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:36 pm that little move to the tritone at around :42 and keeps recurring, I think I'm gwyne steal
diabolus in musica.

I'm quite partial to some King Crimson :)

jancivil wrote: ↑Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:19 am I meant depth, it's all like 'right in front'.
Here is an alternative mix - I rebuilt the project to incorporate parallel routing, which in turn allowed me to better automate the transitions between "clean" and processed sounds. I also added B2 to the Rhodes emulations. The mastering chain used for the remix is identical to the original.

vurt wrote: ↑Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:08 am very nice, post bong.
Surely that was early, not late. There were still over 13 hours to go :party: :lol:

Writing these pieces seems to happen more naturally in autumn/winter

Thanks very much for taking the time to comment, vurt. Glad you enjoyed it :)

seismic1 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:55 am
jancivil wrote: ↑Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:19 am I meant depth, it's all like 'right in front'.
Here is an alternative mix - I rebuilt the project to incorporate parallel routing, which in turn allowed me to better automate the transitions between "clean" and processed sounds. I also added B2 to the Rhodes emulations. The mastering chain used for the remix is identical to the original.

this is a whole different world
excellent. Opaque melodies that would bug most people

seismic1 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:08 am
vurt wrote: ↑Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:08 am very nice, post bong.
Surely that was early, not late. There were still over 13 hours to go :party: :lol:

Writing these pieces seems to happen more naturally in autumn/winter

Thanks very much for taking the time to comment, vurt. Glad you enjoyed it :)
well yeah, its lasts in to the evening after, but thats then early, so it was the late bit in the middle :lol:

i know what you mean about writing things like this more easily this time of year, i guess its the darker nights feeding in to our psyches? or we are just starting to fear xmas being so close :o

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”