Does everyone aspire to be a TV/film composer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a kid of the 1980's and with all the cool shows that were on like Airwolf, The Equalizer, and movies like The Terminator, inspiration was there. I could connect my Casio Sk1 Sampling keyboard to my brother's amplifier and perhaps record to tape, but that's as far as it went until I got more into the computer side of creating music. But even then, learning ways in which create music than any particular style was more important. For the past two decades, my approach was to make up films in my head and create scores around them... I've scored music for film that was shown at the local cinema for people to watch some years back, and that was a bit of a buzz to see how people reacted.

At this time, I find doing anything music related to be void of emotion, but if the opportunity arose where anything like my music was to be used on tv/film, it's not something I'd turn down.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

surreal wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:20 pm
jamcat wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:57 am I don't think anyone aspires to that, but some people wind up there because it pays the bills.
I aspire to that but I can not seem to find the correct opportunities. .. it feels like a walk in the dark... any advice would be greatly appreciated! !
Sentric, Music Gateway, Taxi, there's quite a few out there (too many imo) and you can just join and submit your material to whatever listing they email you with but many of them are just glorified music hosting sites, making their revenue off your monthly subscription fee, rather than publishing.
Beatstars is similar in that way and has become nothing more than a social media platform where people showcase their music and offer free downloads. No one buys beats directly anymore, they use subscription services like Soundstripe and Splice...pay $20 for a month, download several beats royalty free and cancel your account vs Beatstars: pay $30 per beat, take your pick.

If you're gonna use any of these services it's best to learn digital marketing and draw traffic to your account or even better start your own website and selling directly.

Only in as much as I've aspired to be a filmmaker who scores his own projects. Beyond that, I've
not had any serious professional aspirations related to music. Not really into soundware either tbh,
I have lots of gear with which to capture or create my own original sounds.

Return to “Instruments”