energyXT 3.0 with vst3

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moving finally to a windows 10 64 bit platform, i was pleased to find my license still works with the 3.0 install and that my vst2 plugins work.

however i have had no success opening vst3 format plugins. the folder options allow multiple folders to be added, when i select the "plugins" tab in eXT3 it shows both the VST3 folder in CommonFiles and the VST folder i've always had at the root of the drive, which functions as one would expect.

at the moment i have eventide's pendulate and a vst3 i have been attempting to compile with the steinberg sdk in the VST3 folder, so i'd hope that at least the former would be detected.

this is, of course, my first time working with vst3.

is there something i haven't noticed?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

May be no vst3 support.you can use free https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell.zip. or https://github.com/kushview/Element/releases/tag/0.41.1
as vst3 to vst2 adaptor

hmm.

xlutop's shell either crashes (64 versions) or opens a blank plugin face with no method of associating it with a vst3 i can discern.

the two options in element .41.1 either failed to open or turned the screen white then crashed.

i thought it might be no vst3 support but i can't find much in the way of a statement from anywhere concerning it. thanks.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I'd bet on no VST3 support.
Maybe Carla works?

for vstshell,vst3 plugins should be installed in default location.both vstshell and Kushview element work in free Vsthost 64bit and Mulab7 64bit free(4 track,max 8 vsts).I think Waveform DAW free also supports vst3

Just to make sure:
energyXT3 doesn't have VST3 support.
Back then when energyXT development stopped in May 2016, I think there was no (major) DAW which supported it except Cubase (probably). I might be wrong on this, but energyXT3 for sure doesn't support VST3 directly.

thanks for the definate statement.

managed to get vst3 in waveform free, i'll see about vsthost because there's definately no way i'm abandoning the core functionality of eXT.

it's so weird when perfection has a logo and a name and is alongside all the other things with logos and names, as if they embodied anywhere near the same focus.

Vsthost by itself doesn't have vst3 support.have to use vst3shell or Elements in it.

If the vst3 is 64bit, you might have to use a bridger.
I always bridge (JBridge) Element x64 to EnergyXT (though I use 1.4) and can work with any vst3, no problem.

Return to “energyXT”