Just got a Headrush Gigboard. Any tips?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I received my Headrush Gigboard today. So far so good, amazing tones, great feel, easy to use gui.
I had some issues with the audio USB drivers (horrible, that's what they are), but when i managed to load way too many IRs in there, the tone got yet better. I still didn't go through even half the amp and fx models. There seems to be a lack of dirt boxes though. All the models they provide, though, sound great. Even the fuzzes are usable, which surprised me.
Any tips on making good mid gain tones? Or anything else, for that matter?

Any tips?
Yes. Don't buy anymore Avid hardware.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:18 am
Any tips?
Well, what's wrong with their HW?

Qkimat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:45 am
Any tips?
I guess he's referring to their questionable politics... Hardware per se are fine, I liked eleven rack... good sounds for the time period...

So, the comment was in no way related to the topic, as Headrush is not a rebrand of Avid, but a different company who purchased their tech to create, and create their own HW. Makes sense...
Aaaanyway, I've been playing some more with the beast, checked out the artist packs available from Headrush, and some YT rigs. The modulations are fantastic, and with the huge DSP power, I can make lush, ambient tones. Great tool, very inspiring to play. I found a rig template from Alex Mansman, which adds another dimension to some of the sounds. I wish I could set an external foot switch to control the looper record function, but that may be implemented later on - the devs seem to take feature requests from their forums, and actually implement them.

Qkimat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:45 am
Any tips?
Plenty.....much of it will not work well, (or at all), without Pro Tools. Eleven on which the Headrush products are based is a prime example. Support is abysmal and they tend to ruin companies they acquire. M-Audio comes immediately to mind.
Headrush is not a rebrand of Avid, but a different company who purchased their tech to create, and create their own HW.
Then on that point I stand corrected....maybe. But I also see no evidence that Headrush actually bought the Eleven technology. Even on Avid's forums while they mention Headrush is a new company and that they are USING Eleven technology nowhere does it say they actually bought it. It may well just be a licensing agreement. If that is the case, and Avid and Headrush part ways, you will have an expensive doorstop. Presonus had a similar agreement with Yamaha to lease their MLan technology. Yamaha pulled the plug and many VERY angry Presonus users that purchased their VERY expensive Firestation interface then had very expensive doorstops. I know. I had one.

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=387886
I liked eleven rack... good sounds for the time period...
I was not referring to it's sounds but rather the lack of ability to easily edit said sounds without Pro Tools. As I will NEVER use Pro Tools purchasing an Eleven Rack is not a viable option for me.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Headrush is part of InMusic, always has been. They got the Eleven hardware as part of their acquisition of M-Audio and AIR. They built the Headrush brand around that. If I remember right, the Eleven rack firmware was mostly developed by folks on the M-Audio side of AVID.

My advise. Be VERY CAREFUL to follow instructions exactly when using the USB port on your device. Any deviation can brick your USB port. Research it to understand the situation very well before using the port. If you are careful, you'll probably be OK. But be very careful to follow instructions exactly.

Here's more info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=headrus ... e&ie=UTF-8
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Guitars”