Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:58 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 pm Hey guys, it took a day of sorting out, but all New Loops Dune 3 sound banks have been updated to use the new browser :D https://newloops.com/collections/dune-presets

Again, great job on the update and new browser, Richard! :tu:
Will updates be sent out?
I have Universal.

thanks
rsp
Please send me an email, I will give you the update. :)

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 pm Hey guys, it took a day of sorting out, but all New Loops Dune 3 sound banks have been updated to use the new browser :D https://newloops.com/collections/dune-presets

I have Universal.

thanks
rsp
https://newloops.com/community/contact :tu:

Hi,
Is the update suppose to automatically install the 3.5 Manual?
I had to manually download it (wink wink), it still had 3 in the Default folder on my computer (on mac anyway)
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:10 pm

I have Universal.

thanks
rsp
Please send me an email, I will give you the update. :)
Done.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 pm If you select a bank that only has Pads and Basses for instance, only those two categories will not be grayed out.
rsp
The banks in question have more than just the instrument categories that are visible in the browser.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Now im glad with v3. I think 2 -> 3 was not really well and didnt feel like a new version for me. Now we are talking!

One thing which bugs me or im too stupid, dune3 offers 3 full layers but i hate to not knlw ehich layer is used, is there no led graphic or something which shows how many layers are used before clicking always through each one?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

echoseason wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 am These Dune updates really are quite something. Substantial, and full of useful additions. The preset browser is a welcome addition, and I didn't think the MSEGs could be improved, but apparently, they can be; really fluid and quick to see what's going on. Genetics feature is a fun bonus that produces some neat combinations. Thanks Synapse, you totally delivered with this one.

I have your Proximity Report bank.. love it....

What initial are you going to be using and what Author name?
thanks
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:23 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:05 pm If you select a bank that only has Pads and Basses for instance, only those two categories will not be grayed out.
rsp
The banks in question have more than just the instrument categories that are visible in the browser.
Can you send us a screenshot please?
rsp
sound sculptist

intro wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:12 am To connect the patch to the author, the last 2-4 characters on the end of the patch name are used. DUNE 3 contains a built in list of authors whose patches are delivered with the factory libraries (such as KS, RH etc. - please refer to the "Appendix. Sound Design Reference" chapter in DUNE 3's Manual).

For example:

"Avalon RH" - the code is "RH", and DUNE 3 connects it with "Richard Hoffmann" in the browser's list
"Adrenaline KS" - the code is "KS", and DUNE 3 connects it with "Kevin Schroeder" in the browser's list
etc.

To add a new author's code and name to the list, put a file "config.ini" inside the Soundbank's folder (or simply to the User folder). Here is the template attached with some comments inside:

config.zip

The config.ini allows to add custom categories as well. DUNE 3's import feature respects the config.ini and copies it to the newly imported Soundbank, so please include the config.ini file with any soundbank you share to preserve your author name and your categories for the Soundbank.

Note 1: The author is displayed on the list when at least 1 patch contains the author's code.

Note 2: The config.ini placed in the "User" folder is copied to any new Soundbank's folder created by the browser (when using the "Create new Soundbank..." feature below the Soundbanks list).

Note 3: When editing config.ini while DUNE 3 is open, remember to use the "Reload Soundbanks" option from the MENU to refresh the browser.

Just did this.... indeed as Tek told me elsewhere it is easy enough to do.

What is great is that you can do one config.ini file and include all the third party bank authors names in that one and rename their patches adding their initials at the end. (Of course I will lose my Favourites setting for those I favourited).

My hesitation though is what Initials and user name will Third Party Bank Authors be using, as I may make a change, they come out with a new bank and use different initials and I have to change the suffixes I used.

For instance these are the ones I am using currently:

AuthorCode = TTU
AuthorName = Touch The Universe

AuthorCode = ES
AuthorName = Peter Brefini

AuthorCode = MS
AuthorName = Matthias Sauer

rsp
sound sculptist

Of course I will lose my Favourites setting for those I favourited
If you rename by a browser, the favourite state will be preserved. :)
For instance these are the ones I am using currently
The browser assumes just single author for single bank. If you use different names, then different Soudbank folders with config files are required. The config.ini file is per Soundbank folder.
Last edited by intro on Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I know.... :)...
But you can't select a whole set of patches at once and add a suffix from the browser alas :).

easier to do it as a rename from the finder/explorer :)

What would be great is if you could have dragged multiple patches onto an Author's name :)
(yes I know that may sound like a deja vu :))

rsp
sound sculptist

intro wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:52 pm ....
For instance these are the ones I am using currently
The browser assumes just single author for single bank. If you use different names, then different Soudbank folders with config files are required. The config.ini file is per Soundbank folder.
Ahh Indeed, it just only used one of the Author's. Can't do multiple Authors in one file.
:(
rsp
sound sculptist

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:02 pm The "Dune 2 Essential Collection Vol. 1" bank shows only the Leads and Pads instrument categories. Also, the "Rob Lee Dune 2 Essentials Vol. 1" bank doesn't show any of the instrument categories (they are all grayed out).
I don't see these banks for sale at the Synapse site. Did you purchase them from there in the past ?
Gadget Fiend wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:23 pm The banks in question have more than just the instrument categories that are visible in the browser.
Then those categories would have to be added to an .ini file in the bank folder. But since there are only so many category slots that can be viewed at one time it would probably be a good idea for us to come up with a standardized list to use in all banks going forward.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:02 pm The "Dune 2 Essential Collection Vol. 1" bank shows only the Leads and Pads instrument categories. Also, the "Rob Lee Dune 2 Essentials Vol. 1" bank doesn't show any of the instrument categories (they are all grayed out).
"Dune 2 Essential Collection Vol. 1" is by Freshly Squeezed Samples as far as I remember, and "Rob Lee Dune 2 Essentials Vol. 1" is by Rob Lee. Both are older Dune 2 banks not made by us, and I do not remember the way they categorized patches exactly. If the Essential Collection already shows Leads and Pads, however, it is likely that migrating this bank is rather trivial and only requires renaming a few folders (e.g. "Basses" into "Bass" or something).

What we could add in the future is some sort of "attempt to categorize 3rd party bank" feature. This is not guaranteed to work though, since there is quite a few ways to organize patches. Some sound designers bake categories into the folder name, some into the patch name, or even use the patch comments section for this, yet others may misspell categories, etc.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:16 pm
"Dune 2 Essential Collection Vol. 1" is by Freshly Squeezed Samples as far as I remember, and "Rob Lee Dune 2 Essentials Vol. 1" is by Rob Lee. Both are older Dune 2 banks not made by us, and I do not remember the way they categorized patches exactly. If the Essential Collection already shows Leads and Pads, however, it is likely that migrating this bank is rather trivial and only requires renaming a few folders (e.g. "Basses" into "Bass" or something).

What we could add in the future is some sort of "attempt to categorize 3rd party bank" feature. This is not guaranteed to work though, since there is quite a few ways to organize patches. Some sound designers bake categories into the folder name, some into the patch name, or even use the patch comments section for this, yet others may misspell categories, etc.

Richard
TBH, it wasn't that difficult to update the sound banks. If I can do it, so can others. :)

Return to “Instruments”