Automation points are heavy when dragging

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Andernik81@gmail.com wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:33 pm Write to the developers about it.
I also notice delays when moving automation points.
This is very annoying.
Bitwig 4
Sure, I’ll contact them.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:48 pm What OS? moving automation points horizontally seems fine for me (OS X). No obvious delay or hesitation.
My OS is Windows 10, it’s obvious in here. Windows is the main compatibility for BWS.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:57 pm
Andernik81@gmail.com wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:16 pm Try very slowly moving the point vertically to the minimum value.
Do you mean the little delay when you first start moving it? That is to help prevent accidental movement when selecting a point.
Yes that’s what I mean, indeed AL is way more intuitive & comfortable.

BWS automation points might get confusing & difficult to edit when points are stacked near of each others,

On the other hand I usually don’t use the pencil tool it’s useless via mouse but useful via touch screen.

Andernik81@gmail.com wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:09 am It's very annoying.
It is impossible to move the point to a small value.
Not a single program has this behavior.
This was fixed in the previous version were it the point was forced to be snapped due to the grid magnate.

But now it behaves heavier via vertical draggings.
At least version 3.0 & earlier ones had better performance.

antic604 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:25 am It's even worse (than EQ+) with EQ5 or Pitch Shifter.

For a second I thought this is because of logarithmic scale of frequency parameter, but this heaviness isn't present for Filter, Ladder, Multiband FX; so it's a bit arbitrary it seems.
Eq+ has sample accurate feature when I cut in & out in fast speed it tends to mimic analog smoothness cutoff. & as you mentioned all BWS filters device are lighter.

But does some one noticed about values located at Inspector panel was changed, When I hold alt + mouse to change the values it feels more slippy, the values jumps directly from 5 to something like 25 or 45 that’s when moving the mouse a bit. I figured out this when mapping a polysynth pitch to stacker modulator, previous versions were having smoother values changings.

This is what I mean (holding Shift + Mouse) to fine tune free of the grid
using shortcut to dispense the grid switch, although it isn't comfortable this way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

horizon7 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:02 pm This is what I mean (holding Shift + Mouse) to fine tune free of the grid
using shortcut to dispense the grid switch, although it isn't comfortable this way.
S1 uses control to lock along axis, which would make life easier. I emailed this suggestion but it's good to put more voice.

Althoug I think choosing shift for disabling grid was wrong from the first place

pdxindy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:29 am I use the shift key for small values
Yes, I think this is the key for small movements normally...

New Device in 4.5 : Automation Point Speed controller

New in 4.5.1 : Fine-Tuning and Lag control to the Automation Point Speed Device.

(Just jk here please don't take it too seriously... )

Return to “Bitwig”