Mulab's CPU efficiency

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will such audio drop outs disappear when rendering to .wav? There the time it takes to process everthing doesn't really matter, right?

Yes, indeed.

May I ask, where CPU (and/or resource) efficiency being such an important topic, that this topic be summarized with respect to MULab's CPU efficiency?

I know it's an old topic, but I thought I'd chip in with my findings. Testing on my laptop (i7-7500 2.70GHz) I compared MuLab 7.4.11, FL Studio 20.02 and Zynewave Podium 3.2.7.

For the test I incrementally added instances of my most CPU-hungry vst (Poly-Ana) with each instance playing a 3-note chord, until the playback started to distort. Both FL Studio and Podium choked at 11 instances. MuLab manages 12 comfortably, almost 13. On the windows task manager MuLab averaged at around 52%, FL Studio 69% and Podium 68%.

I know there's all kind of factors which affect this, so it's not particularly scientific, but thought I'd share these results.

Thx for sharing your results!

I bought the Virtual CZ synth and had weird problems with the CPU going into overload after a about 30 minutes of use. I've given up with it now. I contacted the guy who made it but we were unable to sort it out.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -virtualcz
Aka Midland Synthetics

How does MuLab v8 compare to other DAWs in terms of CPU Efficiency? It's widely known that Reaper is extremely lightweight, while others are hogs. Where does MuLab rank?

MuLab is thumb-drive portable!
On my machine, it's CPU is about the same as Excel.
Open your Activity Monitor and see for yourself!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

On my Mac with i5 processor I have a lot of CPU issues with Mulab. A bad experience is that there are hiccups and stuttering especially when I do some editings during the playback. Even with very high audio buffer settings of 2048 it didn't help. Of course it could be the plugins, which I used. But I was very astonished, when I tried Cubase for comparison. Cubase isn't known as CPU friendly, but with the same plugins the performance was much better. There were no hiccups or stuttering, when I did some editings. Is there anything I can do to avoid the stutterings with Mulab ?

Try finding an optimal setting for the multi-core processing.
See https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mu ... setup.html

Return to “MUTOOLS”