Good compressor and settings for taming a phaser?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got a slow phaser on a piano pad, which, as you may know, can cause volume spikes as the phaser travels on its lonely sojourn up and down the frequency spectrum.

Any suggestions for a good compressor and settings to tame this? Hopefully the question isn't too vague.
A well-behaved signature.

use a multiband to only affect the area where you get too big of a spike
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:42 am use a multiband to only affect the area where you get too big of a spike
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

or a dynamic eq would work. you may want to try to dial back the feedback also. I find that phasers need very little feedback most of the time especially if they are used in stereo.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:06 pm or a dynamic eq would work. you may want to try to dial back the feedback also. I find that phasers need very little feedback most of the time especially if they are used in stereo.
Yeah, I did try dialing back feedback/resonance, and it helped a lot. Less for the compressor to chew on, but I'll probably need a little compression at the mixing stage.

I use saturation for this - high resonant spikes just hit the saturator and got clipped this way. That's for synths though, not sure about the piano.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

What about high ratio and long release setting ?
That should do the job
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Sound Design”