So I have paid Waves Update Plan for one of my Waves plugin, what do I do next...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I sent an email to report, but whilst I wait on that someone here may know.

So I have several Waves plugins, but only one I really use Vocal Rider. I have two license one for my mac and one for my pc.
They are at version 9.2.

Today I updated the WUP for them both.
My waves product page on my account, still shows them as v9 but that wup now expires november 2022.
Firing up Waves Central does not prompt me to update them to version 13.

What am I doing wrong?
Surely the only reason I would have Wup'ed them was to get the latest version.

Surely..

thanks in advance.
rsp
sound sculptist

Go to the waves site and under your account header there will be a "get latest version".Get the latest version then head into waves central (is that what it's called? the waves app on your machines) and activate your licences, you may not have to do this but do it anyway. Btw I think you get two licences when you pay for WUP but since you probably won't be paying anymore wup good idea to upgrade both.

Thanks.. Let me go try that.
Indeed. not expecting to buy another WUP for maybe 5 or 10 years from now.
rsp
sound sculptist

That indeed did it.
Thank you so much, I would never have figured it out in a million years.
One would think that it would do that automatically, unless some people love to pay Waves their WUP fee and keep using the old version.
rsp
sound sculptist

My goodness, Vocal Rider is blurry as hell at 125%. Are they still selling this graphic 'upgrade' as an upgrade?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:38 am My goodness, Vocal Rider is blurry as hell at 125%. Are they still selling this graphic 'upgrade' as an upgrade?
rsp
I think only a very small handful of Waves plugins have actually received new hi-res graphics. If you look at the Waves 13 and Waves 12 release notes, they specify which those are. I think it's less than 10 in total from what I recall.

Wow.
ok.. thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”