Cherry Audio Releases Quadra Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's fun having all the splits. I could set up similar in Unify already, but feels more organic on this and I like how you can route the effects around with button clicks.
Having the arp limited to the lead synth is quirky and in fact this feels a very quirky unit. Closest thing to I've tried is the UVI Super 7, a soft synth recreation of the old Roland MKS-7 which had four distinct instruments in one.

I get big Joy Division/New Order vibes from some of the pads when you combo up the poly and strings.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Got it for 20 Euro. Buy the Synth Stack 2 if you already have the other synths.

A major disappointment for me: the LFO vibrato should have either a delayed onset like the original, or the means to adjust the onset like the ARP 3620 keyboard. This is a major blow to recreating the Lead section of the Quadra authentically.

Boring synth. Same boring sound.

FotoxBr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 pm Got it for 20 Euro. Buy the Synth Stack 2 if you already have the other synths.
How did you do that? I have the DCO and the Mercury but don't seem to have a different price. Do you have to have ALL of the others?

splink wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:06 pm
FotoxBr wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 pm Got it for 20 Euro. Buy the Synth Stack 2 if you already have the other synths.
How did you do that? I have the DCO and the Mercury but don't seem to have a different price. Do you have to have ALL of the others?
Yes I have all the other synths from that stack already. It is just the price that showed up for me for the Synth 2 stack, while if I would buy the Quadra alone , it would cost me $39 ???

Weird...I own everything else, but my upgrade price is $77.

My upgrade price is $76.67.
I own DCO-106, CA-2600, PS-20 and Mercury-4.
These $76.67 would get me the Polymode, Memorymode, Eight Voice, and Quadra...
... sounds about right.
Last edited by epiphaneia on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonSolo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:36 pm Weird...I own everything else, but my upgrade price is $77.
That seems unreasonable since the Quadra is only $39 right now.

Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:23 pm It's fun having all the splits. I could set up similar in Unify already, but feels more organic on this and I like how you can route the effects around with button clicks.
Completely agree and I personally felt kind of the same with the Eight Voice.
I tried setting up something similar with other synths, but the experience doesn't really get close.
Both have very original and quite unique architectures.

I really like this Quadra plugin. The multi-output was a nice surprise, the paraphonic nature is something which has been growing on me and I'm not getting from most other vintage emulations.
This is another Cherry plugin I'm glad to get after the Eight Voice (not counting Voltage...)

My upgrade price to Synth Stack 2 is $77.80, and I also have all the other synths. That did not make sense to me until I discovered that I would go from Voltage Modular Ingnite to Modular Core plus Electro Drums as well, which would make Quadra $27.80. I don't need Core right now so I think I'm gonna use my DeluxeBucks on Quadra alone...

This one definitely has character. The limits and quirkiness are kind of a strength IMHO. There's some good stuff for ambient here and some nice retro vibes. This is the closest I've been tempted to picking up a Cherry Audio synth.

I just need to decide if it makes sense for me personally. Going to be playing with it some more tonight for sure.

kylie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:04 pm My upgrade price to Synth Stack 2 is $77.80, and I also have all the other synths. That did not make sense to me until I discovered that I would go from Voltage Modular Ingnite to Modular Core plus Electro Drums as well, which would make Quadra $27.80. I don't need Core right now so I think I'm gonna use my DeluxeBucks on Quadra alone...
And THAT might be it for me...though I really thought I had Core. Good to know.

BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:52 pm Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:
Certainly everybody has junk email addresses for such accounts? If it's a company I probably won't do business with I just tell them my name is Nunya Bidness and give them a fake physical address.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”