Cherry Audio Releases Quadra Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought immediately (via Synth Stack 2, which was only $21 because I already have everything else).

Sounds great! Interesting architecture. It's fun to make strings/pads with an arpeggio layer on top. As usual there are lots of really good presets to show what it can do.

I've never seen a Quadra in real life and probably never will, so I have no idea about the accuracy. All I know is I like the way it sounds and it draws me in to spend time with it.
Stormchild

That ^^^ is what it is all about. Does the device engage you. Simple!
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I have almost all of Cherry's synths, so I didn't even bother to demo this, because why waste time? I just bought it, installed it and I played around with it for a little bit, just going through some of the presets and I'm very glad to add this to my collection.

I have never tried or even seen the hardware in real life, but I'm quite liking the sounds that I heard and they will fit in nicely with the kind of music and productions that I like to make. The GUI also looks nice and I can make it super sized on my display, so this will be fun to program when I get around to that.

The multi-outs also seem interesting though I haven't gotten around to trying that out yet.

Cherry has another winner on their hands, in my opinion.

Yes this is a spectacular addition to their lineup for sure!

Oh what the hell, I went for it. :party:

I had high hopes for this one and I really wanted to like it. Being obsessed with string machines and having analyzed them for years (basically, the Quadra Poly and Strings sound generation is based on the ARP Omni), I can say that it doesn't sound as a Quadra at all. The lead and bass synths are standard VCO based synthesizers, so they may sound closer.
I commend Cherry Audio for their effort. Sadly, having bought all of their previous synths, I'll pass on this.

I'm sure there are others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain, who will feverishly try to find some minute aspect of the synth that doesn't sound good.

Instead of doing that, I'm just gonna mess around a bunch more with the second preset on the synth, "A Bit Choppy". At some point I'll get around to demo'ing the other hundreds of presets, but this one is working wonders for now so I might just stay on it for like 20 more minutes. Finding things to complain about while viewing graphs in Plugin Analyzer like sounds less fun and sounds less conducive to making actual music, but to each their own.

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 am I'm sure there are others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain, who will feverishly try to find some minute aspect of the synth that doesn't sound good.

Instead of doing that, I'm just gonna mess around a bunch more with the second preset on the synth, "A Bit Choppy". At some point I'll get around to demo'ing the other hundreds of presets, but this one is working wonders for now so I might just stay on it for like 20 more minutes. Finding things to complain about while viewing graphs in Plugin Analyzer like sounds less fun and sounds less conducive to making actual music, but to each their own.
Strange post really. You said this earlier: "Strange how you imply that others are heavily biased in their opinions, when your post is absolutely dripping with an almost pathological impartiality. Huh."

And now, because only a few people don't like this new plugin you react as if one of your parents is insulted? You're telling that there are "others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain"?

Is your main hobby hanging out in Cherry threads telling how wonderful their plugins are?

To me you seem like a fanboy who cannot deal with critique on your favorite brand. Please, don't be so defensive and let other people have a different opinion.

How does the synth stack discount work where do i find it i am being quoted 126 i own 4 of there products

boombaxx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 am How does the synth stack discount work where do i find it i am being quoted 126 i own 4 of there products
Sounds about right as there are currently 8 paid and one free instrument and the price without discount for the stack is currently $199

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Very tempting works out at 21 each have to demo them first

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:52 pm Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:
Certainly everybody has junk email addresses for such accounts? If it's a company I probably won't do business with I just tell them my name is Nunya Bidness and give them a fake physical address.
that won't work, it needs an internet connection to register... and re-register.. and to deleted registered plugins on systems you don't use anymore, or have been updated.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:38 am
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 pm
BrokenTrance wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:52 pm Most create account. A big no no :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:
Certainly everybody has junk email addresses for such accounts? If it's a company I probably won't do business with I just tell them my name is Nunya Bidness and give them a fake physical address.
that won't work, it needs an internet connection to register... and re-register.. and to deleted registered plugins on systems you don't use anymore, or have been updated.
And ? It's 2021, everything is connected to the internet even your refrigerator.

I understand some people still want their DAWs off the internet I just don't see why these days. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What if the man steals my four bar chord progression?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 am Bought immediately (via Synth Stack 2, which was only $21 because I already have everything else).
How did you get the discount for this, as I have the others except for PS-20. Does a discount get added when you go through checkout? :?:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Instruments”