Cherry Audio Releases Quadra Synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 am I'm sure there are others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain, who will feverishly try to find some minute aspect of the synth that doesn't sound good.
Right because it couldn't possibly be that they are simply unimpressed, there has to be some deviance in their psyche for them not to agree with every word you say. Because, I gotta tell you, this synth does not impress me at all. I played with the first couple of dozens presets and all I heard was yet another Cherry Audio synth, not something that sounded like it might be unique or different.

I think Cherry Audio's emulations are a lot like FBM's - they look similar, they have all the same features and functionality but any resemblance to the actual sound of the synth they are emulating is purely coincidental. To give you an example, compare Cherry's DCO-106 to Softube's Model 84 - DCO-106 sounds a lot more like CA2600 or this new Quadra than it does like Model 84. That is not how it should work.

If you want to see how impressed people are with this synth, count the number of posts actually talking about it and compare that to the number of posts talking about how to get it more cheaply or how they don't want to have to create an account to try the demo.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:17 amI played with the first couple of dozens presets and all I heard was yet another Cherry Audio synth, not something that sounded like it might be unique or different.
It sounds like a Quadra which doesnt sound that unique or different.

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:17 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:41 am I'm sure there are others whose main hobby in life is hanging out in Cherry threads to complain, who will feverishly try to find some minute aspect of the synth that doesn't sound good.
Right because it couldn't possibly be that they are simply unimpressed, there has to be some deviance in their psyche for them not to agree with every word you say. Because, I gotta tell you, this synth does not impress me at all. I played with the first couple of dozens presets and all I heard was yet another Cherry Audio synth, not something that sounded like it might be unique or different.

I think Cherry Audio's emulations are a lot like FBM's - they look similar, they have all the same features and functionality but any resemblance to the actual sound of the synth they are emulating is purely coincidental. To give you an example, compare Cherry's DCO-106 to Softube's Model 84 - DCO-106 sounds a lot more like CA2600 or this new Quadra than it does like Model 84. That is not how it should work.

If you want to see how impressed people are with this synth, count the number of posts actually talking about it and compare that to the number of posts talking about how to get it more cheaply or how they don't want to have to create an account to try the demo.
Apparently you're having trouble reading what I'm typing, I'll post it again, I hope you read it this time. It has nothing to do with agreeing with my opinion. I agree with some of the criticisms for Cherry products. It has to do with some people spending a great deal of time and energy badmouthing a product that they won't buy or use. Not normal behavior.

I currently own a Juno 106 currently, previously owned a Juno 6, and have played around a lot with a Juno 60 that wasn't mine. Model 84 sounds pretty good. DCO-106 sounds less accurate, but also pretty good. The TAL and Arturia Juno synths also sound pretty good and slightly more accurate than DC0-106. None of them quite capture the sound of a Juno synth, model 84 isn't some benchmark. I didn't buy DCO because it was the best Juno emulation, I bought it because I like how it sounds and it has cool presets. My computer isn't a museum, its for making music.

Why is it not normal behaviour to explain why you won't be buying something? It is at least as valid as talking about why you would or why you did. You're explaining a decision, whether it was to buy or not to buy doesn't make any difference at all as to how important the explanation is. How could it?

Let me give you an example - if someone you know bought a synth you were interested in and subsequently sold it a short time later, what would you prefer to know about - why they bought it or why they didn't keep it? If they only tell you about why they bought it, you'll only get half the story and you may well end up regretting the purchase once you discover for yourself the reasons the other guy didn't keep his. I mean, when you are researching something on Amazon, you don't only read the 5 star reviews, do you?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Anyone compared Sound Magic Quadra (Kontakt) with Cherry Audio Quadra? Regards.
maanga

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:19 am yeah, complaining about having to use an email account is insane. If making a fake email is too difficult then don't demo plugins. If you suffer from paranoia get that checked out, its probably more important to deal with that than worry about some plugin. I use my regular non-business email for all plugin stuff, if I don't want more emails from a company I just unsubscribe from their newsletter or don't click the subscribe checkmark when making an account in the first place. It's really, really not a big deal for me.
I think it is to many people from Reddit coming over here. That's why the standards of posts is going down. Like this post. No i won't create an account to demo a vst. Simple as that.

Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:37 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:39 pm
Arashi wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 am Bought immediately (via Synth Stack 2, which was only $21 because I already have everything else).
How did you get the discount for this, as I have the others except for PS-20. Does a discount get added when you go through checkout? :?:
If you log into the store, then go to Store > Bundles, the Synth Stack 2 item should show your discounted price right away.
Happy to say that Dan has clarified the cost I’m entitled to. User error on my part. Thanks again Dan 👍

1st class customer service right there.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

BrokenTrance wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:23 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:19 am yeah, complaining about having to use an email account is insane. If making a fake email is too difficult then don't demo plugins. If you suffer from paranoia get that checked out, its probably more important to deal with that than worry about some plugin. I use my regular non-business email for all plugin stuff, if I don't want more emails from a company I just unsubscribe from their newsletter or don't click the subscribe checkmark when making an account in the first place. It's really, really not a big deal for me.
I think it is to many people from Reddit coming over here. That's why the standards of posts is going down. Like this post. No i won't create an account to demo a vst. Simple as that.
I've been on this forum much longer than you, well before reddit existed AFAIK.

If a few minutes of work to create an email account is too high a barrier to entry, then you won't get access to some of the plugins on the market. But hey, let's have a drawn out forum argument about this that will waste far more of your time than signing up for a secondary email.

There's a MusicTech review if anyone interested: https://musictech.com/reviews/software- ... ra-review/

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:53 am

If a few minutes of work to create an email account is too high a barrier to entry, then you won't get access to some of the plugins on the market. But hey, let's have a drawn out forum argument about this that will waste far more of your time than signing up for a secondary email.
June of 2005 for Reddit.

briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:53 am

You are the one writing a lot of stuff in this regard. As per your previous post you have also shown to been an absolute muppet. :lol: I won't(edit: wont to won't) put you on ignore, though.
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please just stop it and get on topic again…
Think twice before hitting submit…

Soooo…how about that Quadra? I've made some patches I'm really happy with. Don't know if it sounds exactly like the hardware (probably not), but it sounds really good and I'm having fun with it.
Stormchild

Loving it. I have many synths, hard and soft, and was mixed about this one. Seemed limited, like the original. but the siplicity, and nice sound won me over. Within minutes I was able to recreate some sounds from youtube examples of a real Quadra - a synth I will never really own. IE you could sub the software in for the real in a mix and no one would notice.
While maybe not a 1000% perfect emulation, the weird architecture leads to some interesting playing sounds, and of course, all those old school sounds as well. Happy to add it my system of options. NO RAGERTS!!

what's a ragert?

Return to “Instruments”