Is Halion 6 any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gadget Fiend wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:27 amI didn't say the HALion interface was too busy (implication, complicated) for me, forum monkey.
The reply wasn't to you, nor aimed at anything you'd said. So why are you replying to me? You're crossing the line here and conjuring something out of nothing, simply to make an abusive post. Continue to do so and I'll report them, ok?
PAK wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 amTinfoil hat alert! Let's just wait and see what Steinberg comes up without resorting to insane conspiracy theories, troll baboon.
Steinberg has announced a fair amount about the new system, actually.. They're also beta testing it now. But, yeah, how 'bout them foil hats? ;)

PAK wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:24 am 1. Is there any link that mentioned about the license sharing you mention? Not seeing it mentioned on the website but I could have overlooked it. I hope it is confirmed?

2. Is the factory library/content exactly same for both HALion 6 and HALion Sonic? I think so based on the comparison.

3. Will registering HALion 6 now entitle free update to HALion 7 in 2022? Even if I have crossgraded?
1. Not that I'm aware of. It's one of those features of the (soon to be gone) eLicenser system where the "higher" version will also allow you to run the "lower" version. In other words, you can run HALion Sonic with the HALion license, but you cannot run HALion with the HALion Sonic license, if that makes sense.

2. They share the same library. I think HALion might add a few bits of extra content - you'd need to double check. But they're broadly the same.

3. Unless I missed it, NO. If you want a "free" upgrade you'd have to sit on the eLicenser activation until they announce the V7 grace period. This would mean you couldn't use the license for at least a few months, if not longer..
Excellent, thanks a lot for your detailed answers. It's clear now. :tu: I will see if really need/want HALion 6. Waiting for an uncertain period when you know HALion 7 is coming soon kinda sucks. I wish they had a longer grace period or at least announced grace period for other products and not just Cubase.

Halion could be the best sampler. The GUI and workflow however shows its age now.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

There is a 30 day demo version of HALion 6 you can check out.

HAL and Falcon are Battleships. Really complex and flexible. You can´t just judge them generally.

Me personally - I work with Halion 97% of my time spent and I don´t even see a GUI anymore as its part of my neuronal structures.

Rearrange layers and FX? Organize, export, label samples? Slicing? Quickly turn on Amp Key-Follow? Resonator? Wavetable!! Grain engine!!! I don´t want to explanin explain that right now.

But if you consider DIY Halion is superiour and gives the user a freedom, that the other sampler library players don´t give you. Multisamples slicing, looping, exporting and naming works in <5 minutes if I´m in a hurry.

I quickly decided against Falcon and use Kontakt just for listening and librarys. Halion is a pro tool. A weapon of mass creation.

There are numerous threads about Hal vs Falcon etc. here @kvr btw.

But Ok - custom GUIs are simply hillarious and the Mod system urgently needs a refresh.

Examigan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:26 pm There is a 30 day demo version of HALion 6 you can check out.
Good idea. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”