A-Ha's The Sun Always Shines on TV cover with hardware and software

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRian
1044 posts since 31 Dec, 2006 from the hills above beautiful Boise, Idaho

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:07 pm

In case any A-Ha lovers are interested, I just covered "The Sun Always Shines on TV". This once was tough!
https://youtu.be/5RZBpt7ms_8

KVRist
235 posts since 18 Mar, 2003 from Jacksonville, FL

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:39 am

Wow. One of my favorite songs done incredibly well. Such a tough song with so much depth. You nailed it.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Electro Tube und Diode - android associates, released May 2021 bandcamp link

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:09 am

Chemik wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:39 am
Wow. One of my favorite songs done incredibly well. Such a tough song with so much depth. You nailed it.
Thanks! I love the challenge of doing more complicated covers. A-Ha and the producer(s) of the original track did such a stellar job with it. Even though "Take On Me" will always be their staple track, "The Sun Always Shines On TV" is the track of theirs that always impresses me the most.

KVRist
477 posts since 18 May, 2007 from Berlin

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am

Very impressive recreation! If I may ask, what did you use for the drums (kick and snare specifically)?

Cheers!
u-he team

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:34 pm

The unshushable Coktor wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am
Very impressive recreation! If I may ask, what did you use for the drums (kick and snare specifically)?

Cheers!
I have thousands of percussion samples on my DAW that I access through Battery 4 or Maschine. I don't even know which one's I used, as I just quickly found a kick and snare that sounded good to me. If you really need to know though, I guess you can get me your email and I'll just email you the kick and snare if you want, as they are very small samples.

KVRAF
1655 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Well done cover, now only the vocals are faulty. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”