Ample guitars suddenly won't activate

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have 3 Ample Sound guitars that I've been using for over a year without any problems. A couple of weeks ago, activation on all of them suddenly started failing.

My studio PC is not normally connected to the internet. I can activate the plugins by temporarily connecting online, but when I take my PC offline again, the plugins once again report they are not activated. This never happened before - I was always able to use them offline without any issues.

Please help!
Thanks.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Windows 7, 32GB RAM
DAWS: Reaper, Reason

Sorry for the trouble. Shall we arrange a Teamviewer session so we can help you online?

nekujak wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 pm I have 3 Ample Sound guitars that I've been using for over a year without any problems. A couple of weeks ago, activation on all of them suddenly started failing.

My studio PC is not normally connected to the internet. I can activate the plugins by temporarily connecting online, but when I take my PC offline again, the plugins once again report they are not activated. This never happened before - I was always able to use them offline without any issues.

Please help!
Thanks.

SYSTEM SPECS:
Windows 7, 32GB RAM
DAWS: Reaper, Reason
If you are using V3 guitars, please activate your Ample guitars with [Your Documents]\Ample Sound\ActivationManager3.exe.

Liang[AmpleSound] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:18 am If you are using V3 guitars, please activate your Ample guitars with [Your Documents]\Ample Sound\ActivationManager3.exe.
Thank you for the reply. I did try ActivationManager3.exe. If my PC is connected to the internet, it shows all 3 Ample guitars are activated. But when I take my PC offline again, they are no longer activated.

If I try to launch any of the 3 guitar plugins, a dialog appears with the following message:
"Activation checking for offline machine error. Is this a new computer to activate? Please contact service."

There have been no recent hardware changes to my PC, and all my other plugins still activate just fine. The only possible hardware change I can think of is that one of the USB ports on my PC recently failed. Don't know if that could affect the machine configuration in terms of offline activation.

Please let me know how to proceed next.
Thanks.

nekujak wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:26 am
Liang[AmpleSound] wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:18 am If you are using V3 guitars, please activate your Ample guitars with [Your Documents]\Ample Sound\ActivationManager3.exe.
Thank you for the reply. I did try ActivationManager3.exe. If my PC is connected to the internet, it shows all 3 Ample guitars are activated. But when I take my PC offline again, they are no longer activated.

If I try to launch any of the 3 guitar plugins, a dialog appears with the following message:
"Activation checking for offline machine error. Is this a new computer to activate? Please contact service."

There have been no recent hardware changes to my PC, and all my other plugins still activate just fine. The only possible hardware change I can think of is that one of the USB ports on my PC recently failed. Don't know if that could affect the machine configuration in terms of offline activation.

Please let me know how to proceed next.
Thanks.
Did you go offline by disabling your network adaptor? Please just unplug your network cable and try it again.

Yes, I always go offline by disabling the network adaptor. It's never been a problem in the past - your plugins always authorized when the network adaptor was disabled. Only recently did they stop authorizing.

Because of the way my computer and network hardware is setup, it's extremely inconvenient to unplug the network cable, especially if I need to do it on a regular basis.

nekujak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:24 pm Yes, I always go offline by disabling the network adaptor. It's never been a problem in the past - your plugins always authorized when the network adaptor was disabled. Only recently did they stop authorizing.

Because of the way my computer and network hardware is setup, it's extremely inconvenient to unplug the network cable, especially if I need to do it on a regular basis.
Sorry for the inconvenience. That is quite strange because we have not made any change to our authorization system in these years.

When I try to use activation manager it says online activation not available. What hours (GMT) is the activation server online?

ljdacquisto wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:44 am When I try to use activation manager it says online activation not available. What hours (GMT) is the activation server online?
Please just wait a few minutes and try again if the server is down.

Return to “Ample Sound”