MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the Note Action Map there is a channel selector at the top, switch to another channel to map note actions for that channel.
Maybe it's my fault or there's a bug somewhere, but it doesn't work here.

I've got an AKAI MPK261, the keyboard sends notes on channel 1, the drumpads send on channel 10.

So if I want to start/stop a scene, I
- open the Note Action Map, select "10" in the upper row
- select note C2 in the first column, which corresponds to Pad 1 on my MIDI keyboard pad
- the second column is "start/stop scene"
- then I can select the scene I want to start in the third column

So now everything should be configured, right? But if I press the pad, it plays the note C2 and doesn't trigger a scene.

It works if I choose "1" in the top row and configure it as shown above with the keyboard instead of the pads.

It also works if I reconfigure the pads from my MIDI keyboard to send on MIDI channel 1.

Also (maybe on the todo already): What if I've got multiple MIDI controllers - which one launches the scene if they all send MIDI data on the same channel?

Everything's running fine here on Win10. Though I just started getting into it last night, I'm a bit blown away by what has been done in both Mulab/Mux integration and of course the live matrix. The note action map, wow. You can control both clips and timeline points from the same keyboard! I have other daws with clip launchers but Mulab is now at the head of the pack in regards to clip control and flexibility. Big ups to the one called Jo!

Will M9 always be portable ? Thank.

Suono & Computer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:22 pm Will M9 always be portable ? Thank.
Yes, the same as M8.

ElVincente wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:48 pm Hi !
Could the clip launcher act as a lot of hardware looper do?
What I mean is that the length of the first recorded clip is set exactly by the user hitting the record button, but then the other clips can sync with it ?
Can you please link to an example?

humanboeing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:52 am Red screen of death :D
I'm attaching a log file just in case.
Thx for the report, will research this.

mutools wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:59 pm
Thx for the report, will research this.
I couldn't replicate the issue and I was unable to reopen the crashed muproject (after renaming it as the alert adviced).

shorty wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:29 am Maybe it's my fault or there's a bug somewhere, but it doesn't work here.
I've got an AKAI MPK261, the keyboard sends notes on channel 1, the drumpads send on channel 10.
So if I want to start/stop a scene, I
- open the Note Action Map, select "10" in the upper row
- select note C2 in the first column, which corresponds to Pad 1 on my MIDI keyboard pad
- the second column is "start/stop scene"
- then I can select the scene I want to start in the third column

So now everything should be configured, right? But if I press the pad, it plays the note C2 and doesn't trigger a scene.

It works if I choose "1" in the top row and configure it as shown above with the keyboard instead of the pads.

It also works if I reconfigure the pads from my MIDI keyboard to send on MIDI channel 1.
Please take into account that channels may already have been remapped before the events reach the composer. See Project -> MIDI Input Channel Targets.
Also see "MIDI Input Channel Targets" on https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mu ... -menu.html
Also (maybe on the todo already): What if I've got multiple MIDI controllers - which one launches the scene if they all send MIDI data on the same channel?
The received note key and channel define which action will be taken. It doesn't matter who is sending this note. It could even be a parent composer, or a host DAW.

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm
Bako wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:47 pm Will there be ClipLauncher in mux ?
Yes.

Because "MUX Plugin" won't exist anymore. It will be "MuLab 9 Plugin"'.
You can create projects using MuLab 9 App (the standalone version) and open them in MuLab 9 Plugin, and also the other way around.
A MuLab 9 project does not have to be a DAW / composer project, it can also be a synth or effect project, or any hybrid combi of synth / effect / composer, all in the App and Plugin versions.
Thx . actually i missed to elaborate on what i wanted to know , can we use ClipLauncher in other DAWs ?

Can you please also email me the corresponding Windows crash report? (see Windows Event Viewer)

Bako wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:41 pm Can we use ClipLauncher in other DAWs ?
Yes.

Email sent, though I'm not sure if it is what you want, it was the first time I used windows event viewer.

humanboeing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 pm Email sent, though I'm not sure if it is what you want, it was the first time I used windows event viewer.
Thx. Replied.

mutools wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:07 pm Please take into account that channels may already have been remapped before the events reach the composer. See Project -> MIDI Input Channel Targets.
Also see "MIDI Input Channel Targets" on https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mu ... -menu.html
Yay, it works now! :party:

mutools wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:36 pm
ElVincente wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:48 pm Hi !
Could the clip launcher act as a lot of hardware looper do?
What I mean is that the length of the first recorded clip is set exactly by the user hitting the record button, but then the other clips can sync with it ?
Can you please link to an example?
Something like that :
https://youtu.be/WK0THAUvYqo
You can't see the computer, but the two first stompings set the length of the clip. He doesn't listen to any tempo click.

Return to “MUTOOLS”