What is the strangest synth you've encountered?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it seems that the list, that grows here, are the synths i like, and have (not all) and/or know.. the ones i didn't really look closely to, i examining them now. but the end is here. no more budget...

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:49 pm Anything from Sonic Lab.

https://www.sonic-lab.com/
can you recommend me one fo their plugin to try?

Enzyme was weird as hell

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:47 am Seismic ... omg, it seems gone!? The website is no longer available? Here's a review https://rekkerd.org/seismic-free-modula ... -released/
Hey! I resemble that remark! But I thank you and the two other people that try to use it. :hug:

I ditched my website, but Seismic is still hosted here on KVR. Version 2.0 is currently in the works, but progress has been slow due to health issues. I've reworked the filters, I'm creating and tuning a new reverb, the FX features have been split off into their own plugin and there will be a third plugin as well for drum synthesis (3 osc VA with unusual features, of course!)

Also on my plate is getting a new website back up. I have my old GeoCities backup I found, so I want to use that to create a nice, static HTML-only site. So tired off futzing with PHP...

Anyway, I now return you too your regularly scheduled strangeness.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

dandezebra wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:52 am Enzyme was weird as hell
I was sad when they (and Linplug) hung up their hats. Enzyme is a wild, wild beast and the only synth I've ever bought a set for. From Julian Ray. There was one patch in it I had to have and it would be nigh impossible to recreate it.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Tassman.

Scanned Synth Pro
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Since this is a thread about left-field softsynths, Sinmad by NUSofting sounds weird and lovely.

GlitchMachines Palindrome. It's pretty weird/creative and seems extremely capable.
i can't really make music

For me it was humanoid sound systems ' scanned synth pro '
I purchased it around 2009 for the pay what you want offer , I could not get anything usefull out of it...
It all sounded pretty much the same .
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I think Sonic Charge - Synplant is worth a mention. It might be an oldie, but still a goldie in my opinion.

It always struck me as a bit odd in its design, with it's unique user interface and way of developing sounds. But it's still a very nice and niche synth which is fun to use. :D

Xhun Audios Resonheart for sure belongs to it.

Enzyme, Scan Synth Pro as well as ScanSynth GL seem to be abandoned a long time ago... Skanner XT from NI might fill the gap as maybe the only commercial scanned synthesis implementation…

Synths aren't strange, people are strange.

kobal wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:27 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:49 pm Anything from Sonic Lab.

https://www.sonic-lab.com/
can you recommend me one fo their plugin to try?
I’ve only purchased Thermo so far, but really they’re all super interesting.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

foosnark wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:57 pm Synths aren't strange, people are strange.
women seem wicked, when you're unwanted and streets look ugly.

Return to “Instruments”