What do you plan to get on BF 2021?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As always at BF, had dream about expert sleepers, k-devices, matthew lane, 112db. Bought xln, denise, nugen, goodhertz, NI. :-x
Upd (ok joke, partially, grabbed something planned too, like plogue and tritik 8) )

I plan to get and have gotten:

- 8Dio's Anthology Strings (excellent)
- Embertone's Joshua Bell Violin (incredible)
- Embertone's Infinity Bells (really nice and just a few $)

I got everything I was planning to get and then some. Spent a bit more than I wanted, but happy with all of it.

I got:
- Pianoteq 7
- Plasmonic
- Fabfilter Volcano 3
- Sonsig Rev A
- Kush UBK-1
- Other Desert Cities
- Transgressor 2

Should be done now (I hope)
Last edited by gondii on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

In no particular order:

Plogue Chipsounds and Chipsynth
UJAM Finisher bundle
Fabfilter bundle
Pianoteq upgrade
Audio Brewers Axé
Silence+Other Sounds Omen
EastWest Composer Cloud
Algonaut Atlas
Plugin Guru Unify
Vital Pro

.... will run out of $$ somewhere before finishing the list :(

I think I'm done:
ImpOscar and Streetly Tapes Vol 6 + M300 from GForce (had Vol 1-5 already)
Multiphonics and the three soundpacks I didn't have from AAS
Ace from Uhe (with the survey discount)
Five midi loop packs from oddgrooves (Straight ahead rock, jazz waltz, the fill pack, the offbeat pack and african drumming)

and finally plate from ValhallaDsp, yes i know it wasn't on BF sale, or any sale.

Seems I only purchased from vendors i already had a lot from...

I think I am done as well. Some really good deals this year, too good to pass on.

Waves Platinum Collection
Arturia FX 2 Collection
Proclethya Synth and Waveform Exp
Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1 (upgrade from 4.0)
AAS Complete my bundle (Multiphonics and 5 soundpacks)
Cherry Audio Quadra
Fabfilter Complete my Bundle (Timeless 3 and Volcano 3)
Ableton Live 11 Suite (upgrade from 10)
Roland Cloud Ultimate (2 free Lifetime Licenses
Hollywood Opus Edition (upgrade from Hollywood Orchestra Diamond)

Oh and...
Samsung 870 EVO 2TB (now I have 12 TB of SSD storage, yah!)

There were some disappointments (Steinberg updates to Absolute 5 and Wavelab 11 not on sale...xmas maybe?) but all in all a good year!

Is Cyber Monday still a thing, or did it get devoured by Black Friday that now lasts basically November through Christmas?

I’m hoping for SSL to offer another no-brainer sale (e.g., X-Sat for $30)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Bufff... I just bought (and that includes the initial two weeks of regrets for the money spent.... :cry: ):
1. Pigments 3 (my workhorse synth)
2. Superior drummer 3 with the d&d expansion. (Of course that includes a new samsung ssd 1tb to save the inmense library that comes with the package)
3. Neural dsp Gojira (big fan of their plugins)

So, yes.... I don't even want to know how much I spent.... just don't ask :help: . I'm enjoying my brand new plugins. :love:
Last edited by n I I e on Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I got the Martinic Retro Pack on discount.

Way too much actually :)

- Fabfilter Volcano3 (Couldn't justify buying pro-Q3 before, as I'm happily using the stock DAW EQ's of FL Studio, Tracktion and Mulab while also owning IIEQ pro.... But Volcano 3 seems much more like a all-in-one creative EQ/filter tool. So happy purchaser here :wink: )
- Cherry Audio's CA2600 including some techno presets
- 2 Strobe2 preset packs
- Some sample packs & stuff (Zenhiser/Audiotent/Myloops)
- PA's SPL Hawkeye
- The Cubasis extra plugin packs I didn't own yet...
- OB-XD and Eventide Blackhole IOS versions
- Grabbed the discount on some Beatport tracks...
- Christmas gifts for my family :party:

With sale periods like these I'm always also at the lookout for synths. Was planning to finally buy a U-HE synth but Sugar Bytes Factory was too tempting to resist :love: (So got that one too of course)

Also had my eye on Chromaphone 3, but encountered this so-called 'Squeeky gate' plugin which also more or less uses sampled metallic 'objects'. Since it was so cheap I went with that one.

Grabbed some freebies along the way as well with some of these purchases (Audiority compressor, BPB Spring reverb, Baby Audio NY Heart & Parallel aggressor, UVI digital Synthstations)

Not music production related: But also got myself a Google Nest hub 2, some smart connected Lenovo alarm-clocks and a second Stadia Premier edition.

So I bit. I got the basic Synchron Percussion III Cymbals and Gongs during the introductory sale and the full (surround etc) during the BF sale.
totally worth it, the spatiality of the latter specifically happens. Also went for the Drums part of that, basic, tempted to get the full while the sale lasts I was so knocked out

Although I thought I wouldn't spend anything this BF period, but I've got:
NI Massive X (up from Komplete Select)
XLN Audio XO
Sugar Bytes DrumComputer
Ebook about learning the Blues :)

I could do music only with the above inside S1 to be honest, but I'm intending to use other synths and romplers. I realized I have too many synths! That and the tight budget led me to cancel my pre-order for Hydrasynth Explorer.
It's time to explore what I have instead :)

ApexSoundMusic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:03 pm but Sugar Bytes Factory was too tempting to resist :love:
Very good thing (that sometimes drowning in an ocean of diversity).

cryophonik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:24 am Is Cyber Monday still a thing, or did it get devoured by Black Friday that now lasts basically November through Christmas?
It seems the latter is true, and IIRC, it was the same way last year.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:44 pm
ApexSoundMusic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:03 pm but Sugar Bytes Factory was too tempting to resist :love:
Very good thing (that sometimes drowning in an ocean of diversity).
Yeah saw it a couple of times before, but now it grabbed my attention due to the generous discount.
Watched some video's and am particulary impressed in it's usability (User Experience wise). The Mod matrix and randomization function within it is also really well done!
I'm sure other synths have similar options but I'm also liking the oscillator modes in this one, very flexible to change between regular waves to wavetable, FM and that sample transformer mode.

Oh and as a bonus: I believe it is also possible to exchange presets between the desktop and IOS version. The included presets aren't really top for me, but I'll cook some up of my own in no time :)

*Edit: Might have to get the IOS version now as well.... :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”