Realtime Audio to MIDI with pitch detection (plugin) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
Just need realtime audio to MIDI vst plugin with pitch detection.
There is today something for Windows\64bit ?

Or, if no with pitch detection, then just write all good realtime audio2midi vst's.

DAW: S1,Ableton
(Or maybe something usable from m4l ?)

Melodyne

rzzzy wrote:Melodyne
If i understand correctly, its not realtime. I mean, processing of incoming audio signal.

Midi Merlin is a Max device. Maybe there's an m4l version ...https://cycling74.com/project/midi-merlin/#.VzEZiC_TW2d

WIDI is a vst that does realtime conversion ...
http://www.widisoft.com/english/widi-au ... i-vst.html

How about MIDI Guitar or Migic?

thecontrolcentre, sprnva,
Thanks, looks interesting, need try.
(About WIDIsoft plugin, seems no 64bit ?)

Any of the 32-bit audio to midi plugins in jBridge. First that comes to mind is Midifier.

izonin About jbridge, yes it of course, i use his a lot for old plugs, but just i thought a lot of time gone and perhaps already should was released some new 64bit A2M stuff. But it seems this area slightly empty, perhaps developers have paid more attention to this interesting topic before, that strange considering increase of computers performance for example.

As mentioned above MIDIGuitar can do that and it is available in 32-bit and 64-bit flavors.

It's like $100 but you get free lifetime updates. And, I think it works very, very well in real time.
I us it all the time with my guitar signal, but it works pretty much any audio input (single instruments yield the best results, but anything can be game if you like to experiment). All you would need to do is load it as an effect on the channel your audio is on.
Then select MIDIGuitar as the MIDI Controller to the instrument track you want to receive the MIDI signal.
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

c_voltage wrote:izonin About jbridge, yes it of course, i use his a lot for old plugs, but just i thought a lot of time gone and perhaps already should was released some new 64bit A2M stuff. But it seems this area slightly empty, perhaps developers have paid more attention to this interesting topic before, that strange considering increase of computers performance for example.
Now this is an interesting topic. I think the limitation to how well these programs work (with monophonic material) isn't in the computer performance, but in the nature of the sound wave itself. If I remember correctly, you need a full wave cycle to detect the pitch of a sound. In the lower octaves that can be 10 ms or more. Thus any new plugins won't function much better than the old ones, at least in terms of latency.

The best audio to midi plugins I've tested are MIDI Guitar with a fixed 12 ms, and Migic with 5 - 20 ms latency.

Return to “Effects”