New track: Challenge

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

After months off I'd like to post a new track.

Challenge:

https://soundcloud.com/natal_rec/hillsi ... untry-home

The track was partly made with plugins from the last KVR DC, like:

Whispair
Reducktion
several fx vsts
drum vst

Please have a listen! The album is out in December.

Thanks.
Last edited by htcnext2 on Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am always impressed by the quality of the free DC plugins on KVR. I used to use lots of them when I (re-)started making music in 2009. The sounds on this piece are a good case in point.

I liked the track. Parts of it gave me a "New Order" vibe, and I really enjoyed the sonic variations on the percussion/drums.

Good work :)

I like this. It sounds like a techno act creating a gloomy goth track. Lots of production details keep it interesting. :tu:

Yeah a bit goth dark wave, I like that atmoshpere

Thanks, seismic1, for giving it a try.

I was not sure about the overcompressed drums, in the last section those sounds crushed out the whole bass spectrum.. now, I just left it like that, after making tons of mix versions.. nevertheless, hopefully this track is listenable.

:borg: :evil: :pray:

Frantz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:05 am I like this. It sounds like a techno act creating a gloomy goth track. Lots of production details keep it interesting. :tu:
Thanks, frantz, for listening. Glad you liked it. The feedback is much appreciated! :phones:

Ryan Kenneth wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:12 pm Yeah a bit goth dark wave, I like that atmoshpere
Thanks for listening! :phones:

Enjoyable instrumental music. Nice rhythm and composition . Sounds good.

awesome.. i can't get over the quality of what i have been hearing on here today.. love the whole vibe of it, very original sound and everythings sitting well in the mix to my ears.

Challenge: The first part has a nice harmonious flow. Then there is an
almost extreme break at about 1:29 minutes - and it takes a while until
the actual groove is resumed.

Overall: Many beautiful elements, arranged very broadly in the panorama,
are fun to listen to! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

markkuja wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:32 pm Enjoyable instrumental music. Nice rhythm and composition . Sounds good.
Thanks markkuja for listening and commenting! :)

slippery ninja wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:54 am awesome.. i can't get over the quality of what i have been hearing on here today.. love the whole vibe of it, very original sound and everythings sitting well in the mix to my ears.
Thanks for listening and commenting! Great to hear that you like it.. :)

enroe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:46 am Challenge: The first part has a nice harmonious flow. Then there is an
almost extreme break at about 1:29 minutes - and it takes a while until
the actual groove is resumed.

Overall: Many beautiful elements, arranged very broadly in the panorama,
are fun to listen to! :tu:
Thank you very much, enroe! :phones: :phones: :)

the kick is a bit too weak on my speakers, it sounds really really soft. but maybe it was intended?
overall really nice track.

the detuned synth is really great. what is it? analog? software? would you tell us?
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:26 pm the kick is a bit too weak on my speakers, it sounds really really soft. but maybe it was intended?
overall really nice track.

the detuned synth is really great. what is it? analog? software? would you tell us?
Dear tomtom1,

Firstly, thanks for listening and commenting.

The Kick: You are right, it is not that sort of punch kick many EDM producers would expect. The drums came from a drum vst made in Argentina, first released in KVRDC 2021. I noodled around with the sound of the drums quite a time - the outcome was that soft style thing.. but yeah, you can call it weak, or just a bit taken back..

Detuned synth: I think you mean the filtered synth line in the middle and end part. That is a loop mangled with the old 32 bit vst Filter Bank (https://freevstplugins.net/filter-bank-v3/), and other max for live devices - I use that filter from time to time, because it reveals some nice, unsynced filter moves with the lfo.

The second synth, coming in after the break at 1:30 is the Behringer Crave synth. A clear recommendation in terms of price and functionality.

:phones: :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”