Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:54 pm
Well , I am creating amazing presets and have used ops extensively with total patch recall .
Any chance of you uploading some of these 'amazing presets' so we can hear them?

BenfordLaw wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 pm
Well , I am creating amazing presets and have used ops extensively with total patch recall .
Any chance of you uploading some of these 'amazing presets' so we can hear them?
Since it's release of ops you have been asking the same question over and over again , you could have started learning fm by now , which you obviously don't want to do
If you know what fm can do and the added features that ops provides you should know by now what it's capable of
Here's one padsound ,and I 've got dozens off basses and pads ,etc.. I normally never share presets
https://app.box.com/s/vciahs5igm52tlbzxkvo8f2wux83k4xs
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:41 pm
BenfordLaw wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 pm
Since it's release of ops you have been asking the same question over and over again , you could have started learning fm by now , which you obviously don't want to do
Yes, what an awful human being I am...
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:54 pm If you know what fm can do and the added features that ops provides you should know by now what it's capable of
Here's one padsound ,and I 've got dozens off basses and pads ,etc.. I normally never share presets
How convenient! You "normally never share presets". That pad was rubbish, by the way. WTF? No wonder you're so defensive about OPS7... Any number of free VSTs make better sounds than the DX7.

The only thing that's rubbish is you whining for presets because you can't fathom how an fm synth works :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:41 pm Here's one padsound ,and I 've got dozens off basses and pads ,etc.. I normally never share presets
Nice pad, instantly forced me to load it into the sampler and add some plate and granular stuff in parallel. FM/PM is cool :clap:
iswr

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 pm The only thing that's rubbish is you whining for presets because you can't fathom how an fm synth works :lol:
gentleclockdivider,
You seem to criticize other people's opinions on multiple fronts.

Preset management is important to him? Let it be. You don't care about it? Don't flame about it.

You reacted the same way in the OPS-7 thread when I asked about something that's important to me.

You're mistaken in your understanding of how a community works or thinking as if flaming other people's opinion will cause a developer to disregard it.
You have a sense of entitlement that YOU know what's right and what a developer should do and keep on criticizing anyone who doesn't align to your sight.

You being rude is just one more factor - "Rubbish"? "Whining"? "Can't fathom"? What makes you address others online in such a way and allow yourself becoming such a hero of your keyboard? I really don't understand if you're just bored or you're actually enjoying it.

Looking at your history, you too, have asked developers for fixes many times - for issues that for others may prove esoteric. You also go to great lengths doing so, opening the same issues or posts both on KVR and Gearslutz.

Quoting a moderator here on KVR:
"do not give your power to someone else to let words bother you. Use it to your advantage, if you see a thread by someone you dislike, dont read it...it's a forum and a good place to practice tolerance and acceptance."
Last edited by tristan- on Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, a new KVR battle.

Reported.

I don't exactly know what post, but still : reported.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

OK, I've reported my own post, as I didn't know exactly what to report here.

DJErmac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:53 am Wow, a new KVR battle.

Reported.

Good idea! I indeed lectured him, but all in all we should all practice tolerance. See something you don't like? Move on! (not you) :ud:

tristan- wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:59 am
DJErmac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:53 am Wow, a new KVR battle.

Reported.

Good idea! I indeed lectured him, but all in all we should all practice tolerance. See something you don't like? Move on! (not you) :ud:
Yeah, move on or have fun with it. :D

That's just a forum, we won't change the world.

tristan- wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:45 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 pm The only thing that's rubbish is you whining for presets because you can't fathom how an fm synth works :lol:
gentleclockdivider,
You seem to criticize other people's opinions on multiple fronts.

Preset management is important to him? Let it be. You don't care about it? Don't flame about it.

You reacted the same way in the OPS-7 thread when I asked about something that's important to me.

You're mistaken in your understanding of how a community works or thinking as if flaming other people's opinion will cause a developer to disregard it.
You have a sense of entitlement that YOU know what's right and what a developer should do and keep on criticizing anyone who doesn't align to your sight.

You being rude is just one more factor - "Rubbish"? "Whining"? "Can't fathom"? What makes you address others online in such a way and allow yourself becoming such a hero of your keyboard? I really don't understand if you're just bored or you're actually enjoying it.

Looking at your history, you too, have asked developers for fixes many times - for issues that for others may prove esoteric. You also go to great lengths doing so, opening the same issues or posts both on KVR and Gearslutz.

Quoting a moderator here on KVR:
"do not give your power to someone else to let words bother you. Use it to your advantage, if you see a thread by someone you dislike, dont read it...it's a forum and a good place to practice tolerance and acceptance."
Seems like you want to make this a personal vendetta , are you some kind of moderator ?
If you read through the ops 7 thread you'll notice that he is asking the same old question over and over again , also in the dexed thread .
That's not what the ops7 thread is about , it's about improving the software and posting bugs .
I even posted a preset , which he disliked :lol:
It's not about presets , it's about how to operate a synth and it clearly shows that he does not know how to do it .

If you know how to handle fm , then you know what ops7 is capable off
Some people posts facepalms pictures as a response to his endless whining , I write a reply as a response
So why exactly are you targeting me for ?
Eyeball exchanging

I'm using Dexed as an intermediatory to load DX7 patches into a Volca FM. I know there are some issues re how the Volca reads the sysex files but it seems that maybe Dexed doesn't load all the DX7 patches perfectly either. I tried some of the original voice presets from the DX7 and it seems that maybe the carrier envelopes aren't quite right leading to long sine wave tails on notes.

Is that just me?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:48 pm I'm using Dexed as an intermediatory to load DX7 patches into a Volca FM. I know there are some issues re how the Volca reads the sysex files but it seems that maybe Dexed doesn't load all the DX7 patches perfectly either. I tried some of the original voice presets from the DX7 and it seems that maybe the carrier envelopes aren't quite right leading to long sine wave tails on notes.

Is that just me?
I doubt it’s just you. You might submit a bug report on Dexed’s GitHub. If you want to upload some sysex to Google Drive or the like, I’d be happy to look at it.

Lot's of things are wrong in dexed
- at least 2 algoritms in modern mode ( the ones with multiple operators in feedback loop )
And most importantly
- the output volumee scaling of the carriers is always the same , this is not the case on a dx7
The output of a carrier should be defined by the .
Output
Example , latest algo ( all parallel ) versus a two tower algo .
The carrier output on a two tower algo should be louder compared to the all catrier algo , dexed totally ignores this.
Iow , max output of carrier should be the reciprocal of all carriers .
Eyeball exchanging

thanks for the replies. Some patches seem dead on from memory.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Instruments”