Niveau 9

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought this had soundtrack vibes, but maybe not so much in the SciFi vein. It is a lot slower, and more peaceful than earlier "Niveaux" and the drums aren't really jumping out of the bushes this time. The transition around 2:00 was really smooth and the resulting harmonies were very pleasant to my ears.

I haven't yet had a chance to listen to it with the volume up. Maybe tomorrow.

Good work :)

it's f**king slow. the tempi hover around 24BPM. It reads twice that but it's in 5/2 mostly, so DAWs being what it am tells me what the quarter note rates are.
it's going to be better with the volume up. It gets quite tense. there's one moment early where a cloud thing blooms back to front in the whole field 180º. best in headphones I think. I would like to do an immersive mix of this.

I'm really into what happens right before two minutes, that french horn downward bend which turns around and up into that sonority.
I'm putting more cymbals and tams on it, of course. I'm well sick of it frankly, but I get off on a couple things in there anyway.
Last edited by jancivil on Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

very obvious things from Niv 8, the resemblance and all is 'formal' but I'm like, this shit again, give it a rest already

seismic1 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:33 am I thought this had soundtrack vibes, but maybe not so much in the SciFi vein. It is a lot slower, and more peaceful than earlier "Niveaux"

Good work :)
it feels like head way up in the stratosphere but feet definitely held to a planet by gravity. not untethered

structurally/harmonically speaking it's virtually a distended blues song, with a Coda. Figuratively tonic and subdominant plateaus, a dominant one, and after that turnaround a literal V-VI in minor. the last stable sonority just dissolves completely, it's as out there as it gets

This one I did something I don't usually do, thought about it first. Not a lot, it's kind of not the most interesting way to be.
I wanted an Absynth result I didn't have so many questions about while adapting it.

Jan, the link to "full gild" is private. Is that deliberate?

nah, that's error
replaced link

I am done with this thing
onto the next. Which is also some long slow stuff, but piano reappears, and intricate rhythm

and
(see below, youtube URL)
piano appears unadorned (before I get bass and drums to respond)

a thing since Niveau 6 begins w. a basically Andalusian linear thing out of a descending "semitone" tendency in the parts in the first part(s). It's a semitone in the piano anyways, smaller at times in the winds etc. This area appears in Niv.7 and 8 in different guises. Here it's explicit. Theme is stated with slight development internally, and finish.

this is way spaced out, it seems like it's gon' be Ambient at first.
The wind courtesy of SonicCouture Geosonics II, one hell of an instrument, playing a wind rising.
For me, wind is music, I've strove for wind in the orchestration all along here.
I did some Absynth, this time after the founding composition. Birdsong is the other thing. Niv.9 literally uses one bird's.
Here I got some bird action out of Absynth for the fadeout, which is kind of nutty.
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

---/
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some really gem moments in there. Sci Fi meets tribal meets thriller vibe. I really like the space created at about 2min in. But dissolves into unbearable torture and finally to some tranquil abyss.

Very nice drone/ambient sounds :tu: I can imagine it in a movie. Have you ever offered this to film people?

Hi, thanks
No, I'd have to live in LA and be established and notorious methinks

I did imagine sort of heaven and hell reactions to those moments, it's all just tension and release to me, here some real contrast. I have a massive template up for these now, the most recent one is kinda quiet for 300 people up there

I'm so buzzed about the new one
https://youtu.be/RYbi0Uk5ubY
the way the cymbals hang there in the space, the amount of texture and touch, the brass and then the wood of the bass and the soundboard of the piano in bas relief against this wind and these resonances, this is the shit. I'd acquired the Synchron Percussion II and then the III, Cymbals and Gongs over the BF sales, unbelievably tasty. & in this Synchron Stage, the TONES
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jancivil wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:30 am Hi, thanks
No, I'd have to live in LA and be established and notorious methinks

I did imagine sort of heaven and hell reactions to those moments, it's all just tension and release to me, here some real contrast. I have a massive template up for these now, the most recent one is kinda quiet for 300 people up there
Maybe "sync licensing" via online providers such as Pond5, Music Vine, etc.? is at least worth a try and maybe also a test whether the music finds interest at all in the film area.

Hey, thanks for the information

ive always been impressed by your works.
and lately the mixes have been improving and everything has been coming together...

and then this, seriously that is something else.
i had to play it at around half the maximum :D just to be enveloped by it!
i dont have all the musical lingo to explain what i mean, but i do know when something is bloody good, and this was it!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”