SynthMaster Track Contest 2021

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Gercek,

What is the exact time/deadline (UTC/GMT) to send the contest song?
I know the date pointed out is 23 (Tuesday) but we are in different time zones and I would like to be sure of exact time. Thank you.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

Jazzguitar wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:02 pm Hi Gercek,

What is the exact time/deadline (UTC/GMT) to send the contest song?
I know the date pointed out is 23 (Tuesday) but we are in different time zones and I would like to be sure of exact time. Thank you.
Hi Jazzguitar,

According to the decision we made today, you can deliver the songs until Monday, November 29.

All the best
Gercek

So, the deadline got extended for everyone? :tu:
Maybe I'll get to finish something then :wheee: .

J.Ruegg wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:13 pm So, the deadline got extended for everyone? :tu:
Maybe I'll get to finish something then :wheee: .
Absolutely :hyper:

Seems kinda unfair and messed up to extend the contest rules the day before it was planned to end.

vata44 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:55 pm Seems kinda unfair and messed up to extend the contest rules the day before it was planned to end.
I don't see an unfair situation here. Because those who want to make corrections on the tracks sent to the competition can also make the corrections they want. Or anyone who wants to send an extra track can send it.

vata44 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:55 pm Seems kinda unfair and messed up to extend the contest rules the day before it was planned to end.
I can understand you perfectly, but It depends on the individual's perspective and situation.
I live in a country that is under a terrifying and inhumane dictatorship, and we have to endure power outages from 8 hours a day to 24 hours to 3 and more consecutive days without electricity and internet (without going into other painful details)

In my case that curtailed the possibility of dedicating the necessary time to composing, producing music and the hopes of participating to a very small percentage.

I ain't a 'whiner', but the extension at contest deadline was a ray of hope for me and I am sure for lot of KV331 synths users in the world for whom these times could be very complicated and life challenging.

Rules? of course, without them we would be in anarchy, but since the shadow of Covid spread over the planet and society many rules changed and we had to learn to be more tolerant and think more in community and union.

Kv331 is one of the most supportive developers in the field, the prices of their products are very affordable, but also, and I say this from my own experience, they are especially perceptive and sensitive to the needs of their customers.

If they made that extend decision, we can be sure at their reasons were very well analyzed and reasonable in order to favor what should ultimately be the main objective, the one that should unite us all, music creation.

Kudos to kv331.Thank you.
You not only create amazing synthesizers, you also create illusions and dreams!

Gercek_KV331 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:04 pm
I don't see an unfair situation here. Because those who want to make corrections on the tracks sent to the competition can also make the corrections they want. Or anyone who wants to send an extra track can send it.
That is exactly what happens in my case, plus other major factors. Thank you. :tu:

Jazzguitar wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:11 pm
I can understand you perfectly, but It depends on the individual's perspective and situation.
I live in a country that is under a terrifying and inhumane dictatorship, and we have to endure power outages from 8 hours a day to 24 hours to 3 and more consecutive days without electricity and internet (without going into other painful details)

In my case that curtailed the possibility of dedicating the necessary time to composing, producing music and the hopes of participating to a very small percentage.

I ain't a 'whiner', but the extension at contest deadline was a ray of hope for me and I am sure for lot of KV331 synths users in the world for whom these times could be very complicated and life challenging.

Rules? of course, without them we would be in anarchy, but since the shadow of Covid spread over the planet and society many rules changed and we had to learn to be more tolerant and think more in community and union.

Kv331 is one of the most supportive developers in the field, the prices of their products are very affordable, but also, and I say this from my own experience, they are especially perceptive and sensitive to the needs of their customers.

If they made that extend decision, we can be sure at their reasons were very well analyzed and reasonable in order to favor what should ultimately be the main objective, the one that should unite us all, music creation.

Kudos to kv331.Thank you.
You not only create amazing synthesizers, you also create illusions and dreams!
I hear you Jazz Guitar, trust me, I know what it’s like to live with power outages and access issues. It’s also that some people also rearranged their schedules to make the deadline and if they had an extra week, maybe they would have spent it with friends and family vs trying to crunch the keys and make something for the contest.

Just kinda seems like changing the finish line in a race. Whatever though, just my thoughts. It’s not my contest.

When can we hear and vote the candidates on soundcloud?

Cheers :)
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

<3

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:54 pm When can we hear and vote the candidates on soundcloud?
Next week we will upload the contest tracks and submit them for voting.

All the best

When are the top 10 announced?

vata44 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:46 am When are the top 10 announced?
I second this, it's after the new year..

Return to “Instruments”