Repro-5 to old school drifty mode?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
wwjd
KVRian
584 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:32 am

TOTAL NEWB, just bought Repro and I see tons of delicate settings to tweak, but wonder if anyone has already been there, done that, to make it as old school, prophet 5 as possible?

Is there a cheat sheet for that somewhere, for us that don't have time for manual reading?

Your assistance GREATLY appreciated!!
step by step settings, or just vague suggestions, anything is helpful. :)

Vortifex
KVRAF
2494 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:01 am

Hit the tweaks button and change the oscillator models to P5 Old for subtle drift. Increase Voice Detune to taste.

If you want some vaporwavey slow pitch fluctuation select Freq A and Freq B in the Wheel Mod section, ensuring LFO is the source. Then click the white arrow at the top of the mod wheel and drag it down until the display says the global modulation upper limit is around 10% so that the mod wheel only induces subtle changes and dial in to taste.

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9212 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:34 am

I like Voice Detune right around 40 give or take. You can also experiment on the Tweaks page with the different filters. You can also experiment in the Mod Matrix with Voice Index as a source and various things as a destination (like filter cutoff, resonance, depth or some envelope settings) with very shallow depths on the mod matrix knobs. That should add some small per voice offsets.

wwjd
KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:41 am

thanks bunches! I will give these a play

wwjd
KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:32 pm

that all works great. with very little effort, it now sounds nicely "off" just a pinch. :) thanks again

Return to “Instruments”