A-Ha's The Sun Always Shines on TV cover with hardware and software

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In case any A-Ha lovers are interested, I just covered "The Sun Always Shines on TV". This once was tough!
https://youtu.be/5RZBpt7ms_8

Wow. One of my favorite songs done incredibly well. Such a tough song with so much depth. You nailed it.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Chemik wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:39 pm Wow. One of my favorite songs done incredibly well. Such a tough song with so much depth. You nailed it.
Thanks! I love the challenge of doing more complicated covers. A-Ha and the producer(s) of the original track did such a stellar job with it. Even though "Take On Me" will always be their staple track, "The Sun Always Shines On TV" is the track of theirs that always impresses me the most.

Very impressive recreation! If I may ask, what did you use for the drums (kick and snare specifically)?

Cheers!

The unshushable Coktor wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:38 pm Very impressive recreation! If I may ask, what did you use for the drums (kick and snare specifically)?

Cheers!
I have thousands of percussion samples on my DAW that I access through Battery 4 or Maschine. I don't even know which one's I used, as I just quickly found a kick and snare that sounded good to me. If you really need to know though, I guess you can get me your email and I'll just email you the kick and snare if you want, as they are very small samples.

Well done cover, now only the vocals are faulty. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:57 am Well done cover, now only the vocals are faulty. :wink:
Thanks! I sure with I knew someone who had the vocal range of Morten Harket to have sung on my cover.

A very authentic recreation. Nice work!

Great rendition of a great song!
A well-behaved signature.

I've never heard this song before in my life but listening to it and your version back-to-back on YouTube, yours seems to lack some of the bottom end depth of the original, which makes your piano part, in particular, sound a bit weak. Their guitar sound is also more interesting than yours. Your arpeggiated parts are also a bit brighter. Of course, the vox are such an integral part of A-Ha's sound, it seems weird to do any of their songs without them. Overall, it's OK but nowhere near the original (which I don't much like, TBH).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Music Cafe”