A full VCV Rack track, a (fake raga) chill wave 3 minuets thing.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I released this chill wave track.
VCV synth at its best in tabla and other Indian sounds, Enjoy.
No other synth or samples used, all sounds are VCV Rack patches,
thanks to Resonator module.
https://skiomusic.com/liqih/liqih-evening-drops

That was really well done. Sound design was cool. That resonator works well. Beyond all that technical stuff, your song was most enjoyable. :tu:
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Morgaxx wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:41 pm That was really well done. Sound design was cool. That resonator works well. Beyond all that technical stuff, your song was most enjoyable. :tu:
Thanks Morgaxx! Much appreciated.
The "Resonator" generator module in VCV Rack is really awesome,

rather amazing really, this is all that synth. particularly the kinda sorta Bansuri patch.
great job

jancivil wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:05 pm rather amazing really, this is all that synth. particularly the kinda sorta Bansuri patch.
great job
TY jancivil, yes the "flute"( Bansuri like) is made using a simple VCO-2 with FM CV controlled, that drives the Resonator module with the ModWheel controlling the Resonator Frequency modulation.
flute.png
(Note. the 'random sampler' modulator you see in the picture is not used in this patch, but used instead in the tabla patch for timbral variations. While the plucked sounds are all: Resonator + Plateau reverb)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I was actually stunned, because for me the words 'chill wave' had my expectations quite low. That's my and my stupid prejudice some more.
great, actually great programming

This is a great example of sound design capabilities while having a limited set of tools. As with all your music, it's a really nice unexpected trip. It is so great that you can create atmosphere of a places that is unreachable in reality.

*Offtipc:
I wonder, is that SKIO music platform any better than SoundCloud? How long do you use it? Is it worth a trial?
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

VCA-089.Thank you so much for your words.
wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:45 am *Offtipc:
I wonder, is that SKIO music platform any better than SoundCloud? How long do you use it? Is it worth a trial?
Wel,l it's too little time I'm using it to recommend anything, I just wanted to try it for the many friendly contests. My hope it to get some more feedback other than with SoundCloud, SoundCloud is great for the One Synth Challenge and to organize tracks in playlists, otherwise it's just a song repository for strangers like me (I mean not doing gigs and not having a fan base)

Great job with both the music and the sound design here. The sounds all have a "natural" vibe and work very well together within the composition.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”