UVI Workstation Serial Number

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
tangolocoxoxo
KVRer
3 posts since 7 Feb, 2021

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:36 am

When I go to the UVI Workstation product page my only choice is to download the product, NOT submit an order. So I do not receive an email with a product serial number and cannot register my product in order to get a valid ilok license. How do I get a serial number?

Goony
KVRist
87 posts since 1 Feb, 2015

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:42 am

Have you tried logging into UVI account, and see if its there
Ableton Live 11, NI KK S61 mk2, Deepmind 12D, Hydrasynth, Modal Cobalt8M, Microfreak, Nord Drum 3p

Examigan
KVRAF
6340 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:04 am

I don't ever remember getting a serial number just for the Workstation, as it is free anyway. You do need to activate the products for it within the iLok License Manager if you install e.g. Digital Synsations or other products like that.

EDIT: Actually I just installed the latest version and it works fine here with no serial number or other activation for the Workstation.

rasmusklump
KVRian
1395 posts since 13 May, 2004 from Germany

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:05 am

It is a free product that doesn't need a serial.

tangolocoxoxo
KVRer

Topic Starter

3 posts since 7 Feb, 2021

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:52 pm

I've been barking up the wrong tree. I now understand that I don't need an authorization for the UVI workstation. Rather I need to get an MSI.ufs ilok authorization in order to use these sound banks in my MOTU Ethno 2. Thanks for your advice.

NikkiA
KVRist
111 posts since 24 Jul, 2006

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:12 am

Once upon a time I had a UVI workstation license in my ilok when it was free but still required unlocking, but it simply vanished years ago, I assume because UVI requested that it stop showing up as a license *shrug*

Return to “Instruments”