New - next level

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
jancivil
KVRAF

Topic Starter

23641 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from gonesville

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:54 pm

hey, thx
I actually do things specfically to maximize what we call enveloping; more and more is available today

also when instruments in agreement appear in different spaces, the two spaces unify in this way. I do surround-to-stereo downmix in the VSL Synchron player if I have it in the instrument. the space is sculpted by mic choices. some of these are in the back. some of those are pointed upwards. this is fantastic. :)

vurt
addled muppet weed
88712 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:03 pm

jancivil wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:54 pm
this is fantastic. :)
yes! thats the phrase i was looking for!!!

you are correct of course, the equipment we use is making it possible to have more control over the space, and obviously really good instruments and space, is going to inspire any true artist :D

seriously this one is awesome all round, not easy listening for those who are less outre in their listening perhaps, but its so deep, layered, but like the orchestra, everything is in its space and it never becomes blurry or muddy.

hope there are many more of these to come :tu:

jancivil
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:19 pm

thank you

I meant that the ability to get back-mic'ing and then mics meaningfully pointed upwards - "high" and "high surround" is fantastic, just in case.

I went back to severe brevity since Niv 9, with the lamely titled Beyond 9. Which will see more than one variety of.

I'm considering a MIR revision of Niveau 4 though, I actually have the project files on Google Drive and maybe even all of the instruments installed.

slippery ninja
KVRer
20 posts since 1 Dec, 2007

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:18 pm

Wow this is amazing.. i can imagine this in a sci-fi/rpg type game and would literally not be out of place in any AAA game.. in fact a whole lot better than many! Im an instant fan!

jancivil
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:57 pm

thank you

Return to “Music Cafe”