MAC vs Windows for production

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Super Piano Hater 64
KVRist
198 posts since 24 Jan, 2021

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:14 pm

BONES wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 pm
It depends on your perspective. To me, nVidia are the disruptors - the new boys who came along and stuck it to the established brands. AMD, as the owners of ATI, is the establishment where graphics cards are concerned. ATI swallowed up Diamond's FireGL cards, which used to be competitive, and ruined them.
I'm curious if you're reconsidering your stance on this. When a multinational corporation is sued by the FTC to block its acquisition of another multinational corporation, it doesn't strike me as unfair to label it as "the establishment." But maybe other people draw the line a little differently.
I hate signatures too.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
12783 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:52 pm

That stuff happens all the time, with companies large and small. nVidia + ARM might change my mind but if the FTC won't allow it, then nVidia will remain outside the establishment.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10(64), Evo8 | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, Olga, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

Synthack
KVRian
597 posts since 4 Dec, 2021 from Canada

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 pm

I kind of hope Apple buys ARM somehow.
Do you have them all yet?

FapFilter
KVRian
933 posts since 29 Oct, 2015 from Jupiter 8

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:23 am

what will be the benefits?
Do you think ARM will go bankrupt otherwise?
There's no Logic to Windows

pdxindy
KVRAF
20924 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:08 am

Synthack wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 pm
I kind of hope Apple buys ARM somehow.
Apple would not be allowed to buy ARM for the same reason Nvidia is being stopped.

licasto2
KVRist
53 posts since 11 Feb, 2005

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:28 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 pm
Try doing 3D modelling and animation on it and see how much fun that is. So if all you do is music production, maybe a Mac will work fine. The problem for me is that music isn't close to the most demanding thing I use my computer for.
Uhh, This is a computer based audio site/forum and the thread title is MAC vs Windows for production. non audio based comments are irrelevant.

edited for politeness.....

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”