How to make these Trance sounds?

How to make that sound...
hinson
KVRist
99 posts since 9 Nov, 2019

Post Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:32 am

I would like to raise my skills to a higher level and so far I think EDM tracks from the mid or late 90s I'm doing pretty well, but real Trance from 2005 and later it's still a mystery to me.
I don't know how they achieved such amazing results in the studio when they created these sounds and added all these effects.
This is where sound design and production techniques mix together.
It's not about one specific sound, but pads, leads, white noise, delay, reverb etc.
I am trying to create the first track that I can call Trance but I can't even get close to what was achieved in these songs.
I remember being in the Netherlands in 2006, I bought my first Trance compilation entitled Trance - The Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 2006 in one of the local music stores and there were two songs that I listened to all the time.

First song by Robert Nickson feat. Elsa Hill - Close Your Eyes
Just listen from 03:50 - 5:30. This is a total blast! But, you can turn off the sounds of the piano, drums, vocals and listen to what is in the background, i.e. pads, leads and imposed effects, and that's what interests me the most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6x2L-W4PDc

The second track is Interstate - Remember Me (Terry Bones Remix)
You can also rewind the movie to around 02:54 - 08:10 and turn off the piano, vocals and all drums in your mind again and focus on what is in the background of leads, pads, effects. It's just blow my mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEwBaW1OPc

In this track I was additionally always fascinated by the background sounds under the main arpeggio lead. It is best heard from 04:25 to 04:50

How they achieved these sounds and amazing effects in these tracks?

CHOOS
Patchmeister
1315 posts since 3 Nov, 2010

Post Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:17 pm

I might take a shot at remaking the first one in the near future but Ive that many things to do at the same time that it won't be soon.
But if you youtube vocal pads or vocal trance pads I'm sure it will help
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

hinson
KVRist

Topic Starter

99 posts since 9 Nov, 2019

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 am

Thanks Choos. Sorry for the late answer but unexpectedly, I had a lot of personal matters to do and I had to put aside all my hobbies including music.
If that's still possible, it's nice if you could make similar main synth lead in a Robert Nickson track.

Return to “Sound Design”