Wasp Deluxe

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
kritikon
KVRAF
5741 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:37 am

TD3 didn't originally wow me, but I'm warming to the idea. It seems the weird colours are the cheapest ones, which suits me...I'd rather have a grape or pomegranate or whatever daft colour than silver anyway. The price really is silly. :hyper:

kritikon
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:41 am

Oh yeah, I got my Wasp yesterday. Didn't get a chance to use it yet, but today is Wasp day. Have to do some chores then down to the basement to make growly noises all day. :party:

kritikon
KVRAF

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:06 am

Had a play yesterday...very nice. Lovely lovely filters. Normally it's the low pass one tends to go for first but I think I ended up playing with the bandpass and highpass more. A lot of these older style synths have weird envelopes...took a bit of getting used to - nothing like your standard ADSR envelopes, and I love the repeatable envelopes function...on both filters too. Instant Dr Who gratification. It has a beautiful bass end, and I have to say it can squeal like a pig. I suspect the Wasp will get used a lot for the high end stuff...not too many synths are that detailed at high octaves. Cheap as chips for a real character synth. Great! :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”