waters flow

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hope everyone had a good summer, felt normal here for a change. now darkness of winter has emerged so the lights are back on and heres the 1st offering. thanks to melanie for sending a couple voice tracks and letting me mess around with them. haven't had a reaction outside the bubble yet so I'd appreciate any thoughts.
https://soundcloud.com/wavephonic-1/wat ... 9f43f115a5

I like the music a lot.

Maybe the instrumental mix is a bit muddy and slightly reverb heavy?

I find the vocal mix distracting with so much variation in the processing and panning. I would prefer a much simpler mix with the vocals in the center as if part of a single performance.

Overall, quite original and intriguing. :tu:

When I heard the guitar right after the lil intro, I was impressed. I don't work with voices, so can't tell anything about it, but the modulation and change of ambiance at 1:39 is a great choice, good work overall!

Frantz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:16 am
I find the vocal mix distracting with so much variation in the processing and panning. I would prefer a much simpler mix with the vocals in the center as if part of a single performance.
I know you are an accomplished vocalist so I take this comment with great respect, thankyou. no doubt I got a little (or alot) carried away muckin around.

Ryan Kenneth wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:20 pm but the modulation and change of ambiance at 1:39 is a great choice, good work overall!
thanks for that, while jammin with it, it just sorta happened

Oh, a promising start with a whispering voice. Then the song develops very comfortably. I particularly like the clear rhythm and the guitar arrangement. The voice stays at whisper level - I would have expected a powerful chorus now - but that never came.

Beautiful interweaving of voice and guitar - wonderful! Overall: Great song, pleasant to listen to, well done! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

thanks enroe, we both appreciate the good words

I've listened to this four or five times and I think there is a lot here to remind me of late '70s Steve Hillage, which I've also been listening to a lot recently. I think it's the combination of the soft female vox. and the lead guitar that are influencing my thoughts here, especially between 2:25-2:48.

The nights start getting shorter in 8 days time, so you'll be able to start saving on the electricity bills soon :wink:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:51 pm remind me of late '70s Steve Hillage,

The nights start getting shorter in 8 days time, so you'll be able to start saving on the electricity bills soon :wink:

Good work :)
ah yes, hillage, way back I bought an ep of his from a clearance bin without knowing what it was and became a fan. forget the name of it, think it was only 3 songs, one song was the whole side. haven't listened to him in a long time, I'll look for something newer.

studio is off during summer cause its so short here, ya gotta be out and about. hydro bills go way up this time of year cause all the toys are turned on and stay on through winter, about the only time I go out now is to shovel the driveway or get coffee and a loaf of bread, lol

Return to “Music Cafe”