Sabotage Mission [Electronic, Cyberpunk, Soundtrack]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://youtu.be/B1cjKiVz_rs
https://soundcloud.com/infravolt/sabotage-mission
Originally posted as a submission for Loopop's Superbooth 2021 contest in October 2021.
NOTE: In my particular case YouTube has a better streaming quality compared to SoundCloud

FLAC Download

The goal was to create a track using provided samples of an unreleased hardware instruments, presented on the Superbooth 2021, such as: Dreadbox Nymphes, Waldorf M, ASM Hydrasynth, various eurorack modules and other...

Sample Pack

Inspired by Dune universe and associated strategy videogames (Dune 2000, Emperor...), especially by the soundtracks from Frank Klepacki and Jarrid Mendelson.
Last edited by VCA-089 on Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

There is a detailed walkthrough on my YouTube channel if you are interested:
https://youtu.be/3IdnMn_bT4c
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."

This one hits quite hard, all the way through, from the opening Impact sounds through the bass and the reverbed percussion. The slow synth melody was odd/disconcerting the first time I played it, but it works very well. The mix was nice and clear, considering that there is quite a lot going on in there. It's definitely got plenty of SciFi vibes. Job done :)

Good work :)

The actual start is only at 0:50. Because then it starts with drums and
synthesizers. No matter which synth sounds you use, for me as a listener
it is crucial which feeling and which spirit your song creates with it. And
it sounds nice and groovy - a bit like 80ties electronic sound, with a lot
of space and with a perhaps apocalyptic touch. Like the intro, the
outro is quite long. :wink:

What I think is good: You have the power to let a sound stand for a
longer time! Very nice, atmospheric instrumental! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

You could slot this into the Stranger Things soundtrack and it would fit right in. The bass, drums, atmospherics, and production are all first rate. Perhaps a slightly a more memorable melody would help this stand out from the crowd?

An enjoyable listen. Nice work. :tu:

enroe wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:44 am The actual start is only at 0:50. Because then it starts with drums and
synthesizers. No matter which synth sounds you use, for me as a listener
it is crucial which feeling and which spirit your song creates with it.
Thanks for the comment!

It may be the influence of my favorite artists and composers who could start their song with a one minute soundscape (and even longer). It's a question of place I think. Some songs benefit from starting right into the action. As this piece was intended to be atmospheric videogame style soundtrack, it affected my approach on designing an intro and outro sections.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

seismic1 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:04 am This one hits quite hard, all the way through, from the opening Impact sounds through the bass and the reverbed percussion. The slow synth melody was odd/disconcerting the first time I played it, but it works very well. The mix was nice and clear, considering that there is quite a lot going on in there. It's definitely got plenty of SciFi vibes. Job done :)
Thanks for your comment! It's hard sometimes to get used to the sound of non-traditional scales.
Frantz wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:54 pm You could slot this into the Stranger Things soundtrack and it would fit right in. The bass, drums, atmospherics, and production are all first rate. Perhaps a slightly a more memorable melody would help this stand out from the crowd?
I didn't watched the show yet. I remenber the main theme though. It has some similarities indeed, but it's a bit different style. It's all John Carpenter's soundtracks influence I think.

Synthack wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:39 pm I like when the track switches at 1:36

Reminds me of Dune or even some old retro 80s horror movie soundtrack.

Cool! Sounds like it's mixed very nice too.
That means my job is done :)

Return to “Music Cafe”