What do you plan to get on BF 2021?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... yet.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I was on the verge to buy some new synth flagship, like Falcon or something, but then Vengeance changed their cp on Avenger, so now it feels like I got a new synth. (A psychological thing, I know. Just a renewed interest...)

I got Dark Era and Era 2 medieval legends for black Friday, both from best service :) I am so hooked for northern Ritual and medieval music. the explanations of the medieval instruments are short but really interesting in the documentation.

I might buy the R4 reverb as it's just $9.99 on the Izotope site.

Anyone knows if R4 is worth it if you have NIMBUS? It's not about money here, so unless there is a significant difference in terms of the sound, which I doubt, I would just skip it. The two plugins look very similar too.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:52 pm Anyone knows if R4 is worth it if you have NIMBUS? It's not about money here, so unless there is a significant difference in terms of the sound, which I doubt, I would just skip it. The two plugins look very similar too.
Yes, I think so definitely. Different algos - clean vs. coloured. 9.99 is a total steal imo. Only reason not to get it now is because it might just be free at some point knowing Plugin Boutique and iZotope.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:52 pm
Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:50 pm I might buy the R4 reverb as it's just $9.99 on the Izotope site.
Anyone knows if R4 is worth it if you have NIMBUS? It's not about money here, so unless there is a significant difference in terms of the sound, which I doubt, I would just skip it. The two plugins look very similar too.
they are different, NIMBUS is Phoenixverb extended, with 'warp', more sounddesign, dirtier..

R4 is clean... and a lot of things can be controlled, but it is for me almost an 'invisible' reverb, although others describe it other wise, in my reverb arsenal, a pretty good addition.
also described, but can't judged it, lexicon style. but i don't care about that.... i care about what it brings, next to Nimbus, and brings other things to the table...

(and R2 is the 'smaller' version of R4...)

Thanks guys, appreciate the inputs. The price is indeed a steal, but just a bit more cautious these days with spending smaller amounts, which quickly accumulates, on the stuff that might go unused. I did an impulse buy of $10 today and I regret it, not because of the money but despite knowing that I have been ignoring it all this while and today all of a sudden decided to buy it for no reason.

Black Friday is often when I discover my next interests and then spend months reviewing, demoing and learning about it. This year it has been Avenger. I'll be looking more into it. Last Black Friday I spent looking into Spire and Serum. Spire won out and I purchased it in January. Serum is still on my list, though.

This year for Black Friday I bought two sound libraries for Spire (maybe not appropriate for Instruments forum, but it's all I bought for BF). Howard Smith's "Aether" (great pads, chill, ambient...highly recommend his Spire libraries) and "Protoculture: Spire Essentials Vol.1" (some great EDM/Acid/Techno stuff). The latter isn't totally in my style, but with some slight tweaks, there is actually a bit in there I can totally use. Some nice snappy sounds. Really great coverage for the genre.

EDIT: Changed Vengeance to "Avenger".

As far as synths go, I finally pulled the plug on Repro and Phase Plant. I'd be tempted to also upgrade my Arturia V Collection to 8... if SQ80 V was already a part of it.

Examigan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:50 pm I might buy the R4 reverb as it's just $9.99 on the Izotope site.
I got it once for 28€ and even then it was already a steal. It's a pity that Izotope dropped maintenance because it's still one of the best algorithmic reverbs out there. When it was like 250 bucks then it was already worth every penny. So if you have any good reverb in Lexicon/TC league get it.

Return to “Instruments”